Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask a Beauty Blogger » Workouts And Blowouts

Discussion

sprout117
allstar
1 year ago
Workouts And Blowouts

So...I'm very guilty of not working out because my hair looks great one day and I don't want to mess it up. Does anyone have tips on how to keep your hair looking great, while working out? Or how to revive it after?

At the end of the day, if you are out of shape I guess it won't matter that you have gorgeous hair :)

Help!!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

11 Replies

GigiSD
elite
12 months ago
Re: Workouts And Blowouts

Hey, Sprout, this makes me crazy, too. I don't want to wash my hair daily and damage it. Now is the time to try a great dry shampoo and then, with your head upside down, run a dryer through it for two minutes to add volume. A spray to add shine enhances hair's appearance as well!

sprout117
allstar
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Workouts And Blowouts
GigiSD posted:

I've actually worked baking soda through my hair. You distribute about 1/8 cup evenly, but make sure you don't get it on your scalp or it will be hard to get out. Brush out thoroughly. Again, dry with your hair upside down for volume. It works for me; hope it helps you!

very interesting, I will try that. Thank you! Maybe using a spray bottle would help?

sprout117
allstar
12 months ago
Re: Re: Workouts And Blowouts
GigiSD posted:

Hey, Sprout, this makes me crazy, too. I don't want to wash my hair daily and damage it. Now is the time to try a great dry shampoo and then, with your head upside down, run a dryer through it for two minutes to add volume. A spray to add shine enhances hair's appearance as well!

I'm a dry shampoo addict! But I'm not in love with any of them...I started with the oscar blandi powder back when they didn't have sprays, what a mess. Then I moved on to ojon dry rub out (the white hardly rubbed out), tresseme (seemed to make my hair greasier), bumble and bumble (worked but was soooo stiff and came off like newsprint on everything - it's black), oscar blandi invisible spray (not so effective but at least it's invisible). Now I'm on to dry bar blowout something...it seems to be going well, i think. Do you have any recomendations?

GigiSD
elite
12 months ago
Re: Re: Re: Workouts And Blowouts
sprout117 posted:

I'm a dry shampoo addict! But I'm not in love with any of them...I started with the oscar blandi powder back when they didn't have sprays, what a mess. Then I moved on to ojon dry rub out (the white hardly rubbed out), tresseme (seemed to make my hair greasier), bumble and bumble (worked but was soooo stiff and came off like newsprint on everything - it's black), oscar blandi invisible spray (not so effective but at least it's invisible). Now I'm on to dry bar blowout something...it seems to be going well, i think. Do you have any recomendations?

I've actually worked baking soda through my hair. You distribute about 1/8 cup evenly, but make sure you don't get it on your scalp or it will be hard to get out. Brush out thoroughly. Again, dry with your hair upside down for volume. It works for me; hope it helps you!

GigiSD
elite
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Workouts And Blowouts
sprout117 posted:

very interesting, I will try that. Thank you! Maybe using a spray bottle would help?

I don't know if baking soda sprays, but you can give it a try--it would be easier. You're very welcome!

sprout117
allstar
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Workouts And Blowouts
GigiSD posted:

I don't know if baking soda sprays, but you can give it a try--it would be easier. You're very welcome!

i've also been liking the new drybar dry shampoo..just came out, though it kind of leaves a residue that seems to settle throughout the day so you must was your hair after. just a tip :) I've asked the site to add the product so i can review.

GigiSD
elite
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Workouts And Blowouts
sprout117 posted:

i've also been liking the new drybar dry shampoo..just came out, though it kind of leaves a residue that seems to settle throughout the day so you must was your hair after. just a tip :) I've asked the site to add the product so i can review.

Cool! I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds great!

egelizabethgreen
8 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Workouts And Blowouts
GigiSD posted:

Do you really think dry shampoo ll give good results?? I am not sure about that but I will surely give a try. Its very annoying to see your hair messed up after every workout. And moreover, I guess its sometime embarrassing too! Well, thanks for the suggestion! Will try soon.

GigiSD
elite
8 months, 2 weeks ago
egelizabethgreen posted:

Do you really think dry shampoo ll give good results?? I am not sure about that but I will surely give a try. Its very annoying to see your hair messed up after every workout. And moreover, I guess its sometime embarrassing too! Well, thanks for the suggestion! Will try soon.

Dry shampoo is NOT the same as washing your hair, but it prevents hair from damage. So I live with the dry shampoo results.

GigiSD
elite
8 months, 2 weeks ago
egelizabethgreen posted:

You're welcome!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend