Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » acne prone skin cleanser!

Discussion

92jess11
insider
1 year ago
acne prone skin cleanser!

I think i have seriously tried EVERYTHING! most recently Cetaphil daily cleanser. I've been using it for about 3 months with no real difference. i have had acne since my teens and am now 20. although my acne isn't nearly as bad as it used to be it still is there and i have to hope every morning that i don't wake up with a horrible breakout. i use Dermalogica bedtime for breakouts which has helped TONS. but i feel i cant find a cleanser that will cleanse without irritating, drying, or just completely work.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

LaRu
allstar
1 year ago
Re: acne prone skin cleanser!

Have you tried the Proactiv System? It literally worked miracles for my three sons, and they had severe acne. It didn't over-dry their skin, either.

LaRu
allstar
1 year ago
Re: Re: Re: acne prone skin cleanser!
92jess11 posted:

yes i did try it a really long time ago but it didnt seem to make a difference either. i only had a trial size so maybe i didn't use it long enough. its just so expensive though! i really do not want to spend a lot of money for something that isnt going to work. also have heard of many people breaking out WORSE after stopping using it.

I doubled-check the Proactiv site, and there is a sixty-day money-back guarantee. The only reason I seem to be "pushing" this is because my sons now have perfect skin--absolutely perfect. At one time, they wouldn't leave the house. Consistency in use is key. I would try it again, keep your receipt, and definitely return if it doesn't work for you. Their slogan is, "You have nothing to lose but your acne." It also worked very well for a friend of mine. I hope I'm helping somewhat.

92jess11
insider
1 year ago
Re: Re: acne prone skin cleanser!
LaRu posted:

Have you tried the Proactiv System? It literally worked miracles for my three sons, and they had severe acne. It didn't over-dry their skin, either.

yes i did try it a really long time ago but it didnt seem to make a difference either. i only had a trial size so maybe i didn't use it long enough. its just so expensive though! i really do not want to spend a lot of money for something that isnt going to work. also have heard of many people breaking out WORSE after stopping using it.

92jess11
insider
1 year ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: acne prone skin cleanser!
LaRu posted:

I doubled-check the Proactiv site, and there is a sixty-day money-back guarantee. The only reason I seem to be "pushing" this is because my sons now have perfect skin--absolutely perfect. At one time, they wouldn't leave the house. Consistency in use is key. I would try it again, keep your receipt, and definitely return if it doesn't work for you. Their slogan is, "You have nothing to lose but your acne." It also worked very well for a friend of mine. I hope I'm helping somewhat.

yes your definitely helping! thanks by the way! its good to have feedback and other opinions. i wasn't aware of the money back guarantee. awesome! Thinking i will give it another go. thanks a ton!

jaebass
insider
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: acne prone skin cleanser!

I was told by my dermatologist that benzoyl peroxide is a lot more effective than salicylic acid. Benzoyl peroxide is a little harder to track down than salicylic acid but I believe that ever since switching to benzoyl peroxide it has helped my skin. My biggest recommendation would be to go to a dermatologist. I use clindamycin phosphate topical gel in the morning. It is not irritating or uncomfortable and does not have an unpleasant smell. You can wear it right under you makeup! At night I used a thicker cream called tretinoin. It can be a little harsh but it has really transformed my skin. If you can get into a dermatologist I would recommend maybe searching online for some non RX dupes!

LaRu
allstar
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: acne prone skin cleanser!
92jess11 posted:

yes your definitely helping! thanks by the way! its good to have feedback and other opinions. i wasn't aware of the money back guarantee. awesome! Thinking i will give it another go. thanks a ton!

So GLAD I'm helping! I wouldn't recommend anything I didn't have my own sons use. And they have baby-soft, clear skin these days.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend