Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Preventing hair from getting oily overnight?

Discussion

Androgynous
1 year ago
Preventing hair from getting oily overnight?

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering, is there a way to prevent my hair from getting oily overnight? I really don't have time to wash it in the morning.

Oh and I have short, thickish hair, if that makes any difference.

Thank you!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago
Re: Preventing hair from getting oily overnight?

My husband and brother-in-law both have this problem. Be sure you are not over-washing your hair, stripping it of natural oils, as your glands will work harder to restore the oil. Use a mild shampoo. No time to wash in the morning? Use a great dry shampoo; Ojon and Oscar Blandi both makes versions which would work well with short, thick hair, leaving no residue behind.

jessicaviolett
allstar
10 months, 3 weeks ago

Baby powder, dry shampoo.

magictheatre
insider
8 months ago

I agree that over-washing can cause greasiness at your scalp. So best to use mild and organic sulphate free shampoos and conditioners. However, all oiliness is not caused by that. If your hair is dry even then the scalp gets oily. My hair stylist once told me the best solution to an oily scalp for people with dry roots and/or hair is oiling it regulary before washing. No matter how absurd that sounds it really works. On the other hand if your oiliness is caused by product build up than you need to use a cleanser once in two weeks to get the build up out of your scalp. I know aveda scalp benefit balancing shampoo and Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo are for this purpose. You could check out more. Also for the second type of oiliness dont use conditioner and leave-in conditioner on your scalp area. Hope this helps.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend