Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Great Salt Body Scrub?

Discussion

sprout117
allstar
1 year ago
Great Salt Body Scrub?

I was always in love with the lemon verbena and mango mandarin sea salt body scrubs from Bath and Body Works...and they discontinued this line. 

I loved the coarse salt and the oil which it was soaked in...I need another body scrub with the same consistency; soaked in an oil and leaving me feeling fresh and awake. 

Does anyone know of a great body scrub that can be used year round and comes with a bunch of different scents to choose from? 

Also, what is the concensus on warming body scrubs? Are they winter only items? 

Please find me a replacement! (I'm not a fan of sugar scrubs...they kind of melt in an uncomfortable way). 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago
Re: Re: Great Salt Body Scrub?
GigiSD posted:

I love the body products from MOR. I was going to recommend their "Honey Nectar Salt and Sugar Body Scrub" ($22.00), but I JUST noted that you don't like sugar. I'll try to think of others I enjoy. A warming scrub is perfect all year 'round--it's great for winter, but if you've been working or working out and want your muscles to feel relaxed, a warm rub relieves muscle tension. Hope that helps!

I just thought of it--I used to use Ahava's "Softening Butter Salt Scrub." You can get it for a discount on Amazon. I really like it!

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Great Salt Body Scrub?
sprout117 posted:

Thanks so much, I'm actually a fan of ahava so I bet I will like that. Does it come soaked in oil in a tub or is it just the salt mixture?

I like Ahava as well. Dead Sea salts are actually mixed in with oils and seaweed/algae. The fragrance is energizing--mandarin and cedarwood. The softness lasts a long time after you shower. Hope you like it!

sprout117
allstar
1 year ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Great Salt Body Scrub?
GigiSD posted:

I like Ahava as well. Dead Sea salts are actually mixed in with oils and seaweed/algae. The fragrance is energizing--mandarin and cedarwood. The softness lasts a long time after you shower. Hope you like it!

I will def try that..thank you. I see that SHEA MOISTURE OLIVE & GREEN TEA BODY SCRUB" won as the editors pick for the beauty awards. I've never heard of it - have you? It only has one review.

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago
Re: Great Salt Body Scrub?

I love the body products from MOR. I was going to recommend their "Honey Nectar Salt and Sugar Body Scrub" ($22.00), but I JUST noted that you don't like sugar. I'll try to think of others I enjoy. A warming scrub is perfect all year 'round--it's great for winter, but if you've been working or working out and want your muscles to feel relaxed, a warm rub relieves muscle tension. Hope that helps!

sprout117
allstar
1 year ago
Re: Re: Re: Great Salt Body Scrub?
GigiSD posted:

I just thought of it--I used to use Ahava's "Softening Butter Salt Scrub." You can get it for a discount on Amazon. I really like it!

Thanks so much, I'm actually a fan of ahava so I bet I will like that. Does it come soaked in oil in a tub or is it just the salt mixture?

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Great Salt Body Scrub?
sprout117 posted:

I will def try that..thank you. I see that SHEA MOISTURE OLIVE & GREEN TEA BODY SCRUB" won as the editors pick for the beauty awards. I've never heard of it - have you? It only has one review.

No, I've never heard of that, but I tend to love Shea in anything. You are MOST WELCOME!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend