Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask a Beauty Blogger » What is the best beauty box subscription in the US right now?

Discussion

sprout117
allstar
1 year ago
What is the best beauty box subscription in the US right now?

As a self-proclaimed beauty junkie, I want to subscribe to a beauty box. I would prefer not to have a biased review to the total beauty box...but which are the best? Birchbox? Glossy box? Top Box? I've read a lot of reviews...but I'm a little confused. I definitely don't want to spend over $15-20/month on this...but I do want something special. More high end items are important to me. How stable are these boxes in terms of quality products every month? Thank you.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

17 Replies

SaprinaD
1 year ago
Re: What is the best beauty box subscription in the US right now?

I sub to five different boxes; Birch, Glammy Bag, Beauty Box 5, Beauty Army and Julep. They all have their pros and cons. Birch is hands down my fav for the consistency in the quality of products. They do have a waiting list though and I was on it for three months before I was able to order my box. I also really like Beauty Army because you can choose what products you want to try. They send you a link around the 1st of the month with about 20 products to choose from and you have until the 5th to choose 5 that you want to try, and if nothing appeals to you, you can skip months. The quality of products available are hit and miss but I like that you can skip, I have had that sub for six months and in all honesty I skip most months but its nice to have the option if I want. If you love nail polish Julep’s Maven Box is my second fav. Each month you get two or three full size polishes a few sample products (cuticle oil, base coat ect.) and I get a lot of random full size surprises. It is $20 a month which is my most expensive box but they too offer the option to skip. Sorry so long! Let me know what you choose J

moriarty.kt
allstar
10 months, 1 week ago

I subscribe to both Ipsy and Birchbox. Birchbox I like becuase of the variety of hig end brands and products. For example, My last box had a nexxus hair tonic, Juicy Couture perfume sample, a box of nailfiles, a body oil and a shine control lotion. I find their brands to be very solid. Ipsy is more makeup oriented, and introduces you to less available brands some high end, some drustore.

heusser87
insider
6 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Re: What is the best beauty box subscription in the US right now?
sprout117 posted:

So I'm more of a skincare/make up person over nail polishes and other beauty items...have you heard of gloss box? I think that one is great because of the "high end" name, but its pricey. How do you feel about beauty box 5 (It has very extreme hit and miss reviews, but no one subscribes to as many as you do, so you probably have a great reading). What's glammy bag? Just wondering ...and thanks for the long answer, I appreciated it.

i did the birch box for about a month, and i'm on the waiting list to try it again. i currently do the ipsy Glambag, and it's alright-for the price ($10/month), i've gotten some good stuff that i used a lot but some other stuff i still haven't opened yet - like when it's yet another eyeliner when they just sent one in each of the 2 prior months... i also did the Testtube, and it's awesome - has great skin care stuff - just can't afford to do it every month, ( around $40/month)

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago

SaprinaD, thanks MUCH for the "scoop" on these boxes. I hadn't researched them, and now I know what to expect. Much appreciated!

sprout117
allstar
1 year ago
Re: Re: What is the best beauty box subscription in the US right now?
SaprinaD posted:

I sub to five different boxes; Birch, Glammy Bag, Beauty Box 5, Beauty Army and Julep. They all have their pros and cons. Birch is hands down my fav for the consistency in the quality of products. They do have a waiting list though and I was on it for three months before I was able to order my box. I also really like Beauty Army because you can choose what products you want to try. They send you a link around the 1st of the month with about 20 products to choose from and you have until the 5th to choose 5 that you want to try, and if nothing appeals to you, you can skip months. The quality of products available are hit and miss but I like that you can skip, I have had that sub for six months and in all honesty I skip most months but its nice to have the option if I want. If you love nail polish Julep’s Maven Box is my second fav. Each month you get two or three full size polishes a few sample products (cuticle oil, base coat ect.) and I get a lot of random full size surprises. It is $20 a month which is my most expensive box but they too offer the option to skip. Sorry so long! Let me know what you choose J

So I'm more of a skincare/make up person over nail polishes and other beauty items...have you heard of gloss box? I think that one is great because of the "high end" name, but its pricey. How do you feel about beauty box 5 (It has very extreme hit and miss reviews, but no one subscribes to as many as you do, so you probably have a great reading). What's glammy bag? Just wondering ...and thanks for the long answer, I appreciated it.

SaprinaD
1 year ago
sprout117 posted:

I dont know much about Glogg Box, the prias kept me from it. I tend to try and keep my subscriptions at the$10 each price point unless it has a skip option such as Maven Box, its $20 but I can skip any time and notbe chrged. I like Beauty Box 5, it can be hit and miss but with the price point i dont mind. I keep the stuff I dont use and put togeather small gift for my girlfriends every so oftern :) I love glammy bag! It can be hit and miss as well but its mostly hits for me! And it comes with a cute bag every month. You can see my review on Glammy bag on my blog saprinaD.blogspot.com and I hopeto add more reviews of all my subscriptions soon. Let me know if I can help you in any other way!

sprout117
allstar
1 year ago
Re: Re: Re: Re: What is the best beauty box subscription in the US right now?
SaprinaD posted:

I dont know much about Glogg Box, the prias kept me from it. I tend to try and keep my subscriptions at the$10 each price point unless it has a skip option such as Maven Box, its $20 but I can skip any time and notbe chrged. I like Beauty Box 5, it can be hit and miss but with the price point i dont mind. I keep the stuff I dont use and put togeather small gift for my girlfriends every so oftern :) I love glammy bag! It can be hit and miss as well but its mostly hits for me! And it comes with a cute bag every month. You can see my review on Glammy bag on my blog saprinaD.blogspot.com and I hopeto add more reviews of all my subscriptions soon. Let me know if I can help you in any other way!

Thank you - Ill let you know what I decided :)

SaprinaD
1 year ago
sprout117 posted:

I am not too familuar with Glossy Box, the price shys me away. I tend to keep my subscriptions arount 10-12$ a month, unless they offer the option to skip a month like the Jeulp Maven. I think based off what your looking for Birch or Glammy Bag would be awsome for you. As far as beauty box 5 its hit or miss, usally i am satisfied but the shipping with them is SLOW. It takes me two to three weeks to get my box after it ships. You can also check out my blog for full reviews on my subscriptions. Let me know what you go with!

jbeyer
insider
5 months, 3 weeks ago

Thank you for this. I never thought about doing a beauty box but now seeing your reviews and watching some you tube videos of them I am interested.

aBlondeBabe
1 month, 1 week ago

I noticed no one mentioned elf's beauty bundle.. I am subscribed to Ipsy's Glam Bag & elfs beauty bundle... I LOVE them both. Ipsy, because I'm able to try full size products (and get a cute new make up bag each month) for $10.. The Beauty bundle is AMAZING! you get it every 2 months, its $19.99 for each box (so its basically $10 a month) and they send you a huge box with 11-12 FULL size products (I've received a different eye shadow pallet in each box as well). if I had to choose only one, I'd go with the beauty bundle 100%. I made "vine" videos for all of the beauty boxes Ive received. They're on my blog ( I don't know if your allowed to share a link to your blog on here) but if you go on vine, my user name is @aBlondeBabe, if you're interested in seeing the beauty bundles, glam bags, and i was subscribed to Julep for a couple months (wasn't a fan. its to expensive) Id rather stick with the beauty bundle. hope this helps! Heather Lynn :-)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend