Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » need hypoallergenic self-tanner for hyper-sensitive skin

Discussion

purple9a
allstar
1 year ago
need hypoallergenic self-tanner for hyper-sensitive skin

I am unfortunately highly allergic and sensitive (multiple product, medication and food allergies/intolerances) and I have had rotten luck finding a self-tanner that doesn't give me an itchy rash.

Last summer I tried the Jergens product that everyone loves, and I LOVED the color, but began itching after two application. Before that I tried an Aveeno product (now discontinued) and a Neutrogena (which I just discovered on a "worst self-tanners" list here), and had reactions to both as well.

I'm very fair, and after spending winter in the northeast I look, in the words of my grandmother, a country farm woman, "as white as a fish belly." I'm headed to California in 10 days for a conference, and I'd love to be able to tan at least my legs so I can wear skirts with confidence. Not to mention the whole summer ahead. Can someone help???

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago
Re: need hypoallergenic self-tanner for hyper-sensitive skin

A friend of mine uses "California Tan Pure Karma Step 1 Tanning Lotion" ($29.99 at Amazon). She has very sensitive skin and could NOT be more pleased with this product. I can identify with you--my legs are as white as sheets. Hope this helps you!

kimsayler
11 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi, I have the same issue with self tanners and wondered if you found anything that worked for you yet? It seems that every tanner makes me break out in a rash. Please let me know. Thank you!!

purple9a
allstar
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Re: need hypoallergenic self-tanner for hyper-sensitive skin
kimsayler posted:

Hi, I have the same issue with self tanners and wondered if you found anything that worked for you yet? It seems that every tanner makes me break out in a rash. Please let me know. Thank you!!

kimsayler -- Not yet, although I haven't tried the product TheDivaRose recommends. If you find anything, let me know!

nailtech1028
11 months ago

I am also highly sensitive and have the same reactions. What worked for you?

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend