Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Short nail beds

Discussion

ashyray
insider
1 year, 1 month ago
Short nail beds

I bit my nails for 20 years (nasty habit, I know) and just recently stopped. After two years sans nail biting, I have no problem growing strong, long nails, but my nail beds are still really short and awkward shaped. The white of my nails I think are too long and would like to grow my nail beds out to the tips of my fingers. Is the damage from nail biting irreversible or can I change the length and shape of my nail bed? Thanks for the help!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

GigiSD
elite
1 year ago
Re: Short nail beds

Fascinating question. I had this problem--for a different reason. When I was in high school, I closed the garage door on my hand and pulled out four nails (can you scream "OUCH?"). My nail beds looked distorted for a long time after nails began to grow in, but my parents advised me to greatly increase my supply of B Vitamins. My nails eventually returned to normal. Take a strong B supplement (with all forms of B included) and give it some time. It certainly can't hurt you (it will aid hair and skin as well). Hope that helps . . .

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend