Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Pronail products to take with me to the salon

Discussion

Giftangels
1 year, 1 month ago
Pronail products to take with me to the salon

I went and had a mani/pedi and got an infection on my foot because the salon was reusing equipment and not sanitizing.   I would like to invent a kit that ladies or gentlemen can bring with them so that they know that they are using clean and sanitary equipment or buy one if one already exists. Please tell me what is everything that goes into a kit like that.  I would like to also go around to the nursing homes and do the nails for the ladies there. Thank you,

Michelle
giftangels12@msn.com

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

GigiSD
elite
1 year, 1 month ago
Re: Pronail products to take with me to the salon

Great idea! Please give me some time to think about what would be essential for this! I love it!

GigiSD
elite
1 year, 1 month ago
Re: Pronail products to take with me to the salon

I've done some thinking. Here are some ideas to get you started. Since bacteria and infection are rampant in many nursing homes, think of using products formulated to kill germs (you already know the angst on an infection because of non-sanitized equipment). Include small. disposable alcohol wipe pads to cleanse all tools (available at any drugstore in the "first aid" aisle). Include a nice foaming or moisturizing anti-bacterial hand and foot wash like one from Bath & Body Works. Make sure those who have nails done wash thoroughly before any procedure is begun. Buy disposable emery boards so that you are not using the same files on everyone; moreover, emery boards are more gentle and easier on the fragile skin many elderly people have. Don't forget a gentle cuticle oil or cream to massage on dry skin. A rich moisturizer (I love O'Keeffe's, a real steal at $7.99) is great to work into skin once you are finished. It never hurts to keep Neosporin Cream and bandaids in a kit for this purpose and apply to any open cuts or wounds to prevent further damage and aid in healing. Hope this helps . . .

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend