Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Brown people.

Discussion

MandyBoo
insider
1 year, 1 month ago
Brown people.

Calling all brown folks! What are some brands that you feel make good foundations that cater to our skin tones? I am not THAT dark. My skin colour is close to that of Meaghan Rath's.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

sprout117
allstar
1 year ago
Re: Brown people.

Hands down, my favorite is Make Up Forever's HD Invisible Foundation. Best range of colors and an amazing foundation over all. Provides a light to medium coverage (depending on if you use a brush or sponge) and makes your skin look flawless! See my skin the my profile picture. This foundation has so many different shades that I'm able to get one for summer and one for winter, that's how perfected the shades are. I also recommend Bobbi Brown - my mother uses that and likes it, but I didn't have such luck. And for under your foundation, I swear by Laura Mercier Radiance Primer...that makes your skin look amazing and really holds the foundation there. Invest in a great foundation and it's worth it! (Have never found a drugstore brand that suits my skin tones).

MandyBoo
insider
1 year ago
Re: Re: Brown people.
sprout117 posted:

Hands down, my favorite is Make Up Forever's HD Invisible Foundation. Best range of colors and an amazing foundation over all. Provides a light to medium coverage (depending on if you use a brush or sponge) and makes your skin look flawless! See my skin the my profile picture. This foundation has so many different shades that I'm able to get one for summer and one for winter, that's how perfected the shades are. I also recommend Bobbi Brown - my mother uses that and likes it, but I didn't have such luck. And for under your foundation, I swear by Laura Mercier Radiance Primer...that makes your skin look amazing and really holds the foundation there. Invest in a great foundation and it's worth it! (Have never found a drugstore brand that suits my skin tones).

Thank you for the response! Those are all expensive but I will keep them in mind in case there is a deal! The first foundation I ever used was by Max Factor. My mom found it brand new at a yard sale. They don't sell that brand in Canada anymore. That foundation felt so amazing and was pretty much a perfect match for my skin tone. Right now I'm using Hard Candy's Just Face It One-Step Foundation which is pretty good.

sprout117
allstar
12 months ago
Re: Re: Re: Brown people.
MandyBoo posted:

Thank you for the response! Those are all expensive but I will keep them in mind in case there is a deal! The first foundation I ever used was by Max Factor. My mom found it brand new at a yard sale. They don't sell that brand in Canada anymore. That foundation felt so amazing and was pretty much a perfect match for my skin tone. Right now I'm using Hard Candy's Just Face It One-Step Foundation which is pretty good.

I always think a good foundation is worth the splurge, BUT my sister in law (also brown) works well with drugstore brands and she really recommends revlon color stay foundation and the whole truefit line (I think it's maybelline). I have found the truefit concealer to work better than any expensive brand concealer and stick with that for everything. Try those two before you splurge on the expensive brands and just go to sephora and get a samples of the expensive ones, then compare! Dont forget to google coupon codes for websites which sell the more expensive brands if you happen to fall in love with them (dermstore.com; skinstore.com)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend