Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Curly cowlicks around bangs only

Discussion

Lisa_Kallian
1 year, 2 months ago
Curly cowlicks around bangs only

My bangs are cowlicky. I can't do anything with them. I've grown them out. No matter how much straightening I do, they always curl. They look so stupid!

Any tips??

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

GigiSD
elite
1 year, 1 month ago
Re: Curly cowlicks around bangs only

My bangs will head in a million directions without my regimen: When hair is wet, separate into sections, leaving bangs to themselves, Push bangs all the way to the right side of your head and point your blowdryer nozzle at them, drying and gently pulling straight. Then, switch bangs to the left side and repeat the process. Move bangs from left to right and back again until completely dry. I guarantee they will be stick-straight.

NotJustGingerly
allstar
1 year, 1 month ago

I wore bangs for years and sometimes they dried straight on their own, and other days they were everywhere. I found part of how they behaved had to do with who cut them. I've used a large diameter curling iron with no luck myself, and using these high heat styling tools will fry the ends and make bangs look terrible. Try the blow-dry method and see how that works. I grew my hair out a few years back and now have long bangs swept to one side. I got away from the "straight across" bangs because I didn't want to have to run to the stylist every 3 weeks. If I tried cutting them myself, I would either get them crooked or too short.

charliecat31
allstar
1 year, 2 months ago

I have these annoying things too in my bangs! I've found the best thing is mousse applied to damp hair, then I take a medium round brush and curl my bangs under, with the hair dryer on the hottest setting, rotating the brush asI'm drying. Then turn the dryer's cool shot on and pull hair tense and use the dryer until hair is completely cooled. Hope that helps! Good luck! Why do they call them cow licks anyway?! :-)

charliecat31
allstar
12 months ago
Re: Re: Curly cowlicks around bangs only
GigiSD posted:

My bangs will head in a million directions without my regimen: When hair is wet, separate into sections, leaving bangs to themselves, Push bangs all the way to the right side of your head and point your blowdryer nozzle at them, drying and gently pulling straight. Then, switch bangs to the left side and repeat the process. Move bangs from left to right and back again until completely dry. I guarantee they will be stick-straight.

Great tip! Will have to try this one side and then the other trick :-)

GigiSD
elite
12 months ago
Re: Re: Re: Curly cowlicks around bangs only
charliecat31 posted:

Great tip! Will have to try this one side and then the other trick :-)

Hope it works for you! Also, dry bangs FIRST. Any natural wave that comes with even a little air drying will ruin your look.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend