Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Cowlicky bangs

Discussion

Lisa_Kallian
1 year, 1 month ago
Cowlicky bangs

My bangs are cowlicky.  I can't do anything with them.  I've grown them out.  No matter how much straightening I do, they always curl.  They look so stupid!

Any tips??

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

GigiSD
elite
1 year, 1 month ago
Re: Cowlicky bangs

Use a good mousse or gel and lightly applying when bangs are wet. As you dry, push bangs to the left, then to the right, back to the left, and so forth. When you're done, they will be stick-straight. I have bangs and this method has never failed me.

mkittylove
1 year, 1 month ago
Re: Re: Cowlicky bangs
GigiSD posted:

Use a good mousse or gel and lightly applying when bangs are wet. As you dry, push bangs to the left, then to the right, back to the left, and so forth. When you're done, they will be stick-straight. I have bangs and this method has never failed me.

I also use a straightening iron, and thickening cream, works wonders for me!

veryvanilla
insider
1 year, 1 month ago
cindy11052 posted:

I have the same issue; have you ever tried pinning it back or wearing a headband. Whatever you do, do not cut it ..Let it grow out

I have a big cowlick on my right side, above my right eye. I just make sure theyre combed flat when they're trimmed, so that they're truly even. It helps if I flat iron them, but I don't let any lift bother me too much, it's my trademark. This photo has them grown out, right now they're blunt at eyebrow length.

veryvanilla
insider
1 year, 1 month ago
cindy11052 posted:

I have the same issue; have you ever tried pinning it back or wearing a headband. Whatever you do, do not cut it ..Let it grow out

also make sure you're not pulling your flat iron in an outward "curling" motion.

veryvanilla
insider
1 year, 1 month ago
cindy11052 posted:

also make sure you're not pulling your flat iron in an outward "curling" motion.

cindy11052
insider
1 year, 1 month ago
Re: Cowlicky bangs

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend