Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Torn between two awesome new hair ideas, complete crisis!.

Discussion

AbomAlex
1 year, 2 months ago
Torn between two awesome new hair ideas, complete crisis!.

So first off I'd like to say hi to whoever is reading this ^^

Let's cut to the chase :3
Right now I have icky-faded-purple-fushia hair and I HATE IT. it (of the moment) looks something like this:
http://www.salongeek.com/attachments/consumer-queries/22006d1350842690-hair-purple-ombre-love-purple-hair.jpg
(I had died purple over my faded red hair)
It does not look good on me at all.

So now I'm faced with a hair crises. My new extensions are coming in on the 23rd and they're brown with platinum blonde highlights, and I don't know whether to dye my hair brown to match the extensions and to have the blonde highlights from the extensions, or dye my hair and the blonde bits of the extensions pastel turquoise and to have brown highlights.

Also, if I do go about going pastel teal, how could I completely remove the icky purple from my head without leaving any pinkish-reddish traces? Should I bleach it?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

blakely_armstrong_treadway
1 year, 2 months ago
Re: Torn between two awesome new hair ideas, complete crisis!.

Hey! I'm a Cosmetologist and the only to get the purple out and go turquoise would be to bleach your hair. You can go over it with a darker brown to match your extensions and that will cover up the purple just fine. You could highlight along with the brown if you wanted some blonde. I would recommend going to a salon, otherwise your results will be unpredictable. They'll be able to match the brown with your extension so you get even coverage. Hope this helps! ;)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend