Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Tips on covering Xanthelasma?

Discussion

amanda_diaz
1 year, 2 months ago
Tips on covering Xanthelasma?

Hi all! Well for the past few years I have been battling super high cholesterol (which is down now yay!) but I was plagued with these horrible yellowish globs on my eyelids! I have talked to tons of Dermatologists and even a Plastic Surgeon and surgery still doesn't guarantee results (who can afford a 9,000 surgery with only a maybe anyway). Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else has figured out a good concealer that will actually cover these things? (I have spent hundreds already on concealers from drug store to MAC to tattoo covers and they're too far in the corners to use eye shadow, I'd have to wear black constantly). I have fair skin so it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE! Any suggestions? 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 2 months ago
Re: Tips on covering Xanthelasma?

I did some research for you. I found an article that recommended a product called Dermacolor. The author of the article shares your condition, and saw a TV show wherein they were actually discussing your very question. Dermacolor and Dermablend do the same kind of good camouflaging. The TV show demonstrated the application of the products and showed how they covered the spots completely! The author states you need to know your skin color when you order it, and bought a small palette via the internet to determine which color would be best. It was $11.She also states you need setting powder. This is the link to the article: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Thomas_Eames. I Googled Dermacolor Camouflage, and it's available from Amazon, 4 3/4 stars out of 5 and they have several palettes. Also Google Dermacolor and you will get their home page. I suggest doing the latter, and contacting them for advice. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend