Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Hair Drama!

Discussion

katt_duarte
1 year, 2 months ago
Hair Drama!

So about 4 months ago i wanted to try something new and rebel so I dyed/bleached my hair Hot Red.! I know what your thinking.. (NOOO!) but yes, I did..so now my hair is washing off..(typical for a red color) and it looks ugly! i hate it and I regret doing anything to it..I need to even out my hair one whole color but its really processed and just ugly. Im a natural brunette with light brown eye color and my skin tone is like medium tan. Not too light not too dark. Any help? Thanks in advance!!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

LittleBunny
elite
1 year, 2 months ago
Re: Hair Drama!

I would say you should see a professional forthis

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 2 months ago

I am so sorry about your mishap. I know I've had many! What I suggest doing is conditioning your hair 3 times a week with Aveda Damage Repair. Apply it while wet, leave it on with a shower cap over it for 1/2 hour. If you have a heat cap, that really makes the conditioner penetrate the hair shaft. Then, rinse it out. I would do this for a month to get your hair in good shape. Then go to a salon and have the beautician (one you trust and one of the top for the salon) work his or her magic. I hope this helps you. It did work for me when I had brilliant red hair.

GigiSD
elite
1 year, 1 month ago

I agree with the other two ladies; a professional may use a temporary rinse (no ammonia or peroxide) to even your hair color. Even a henna may help--but ask a pro for advice. In the meanwhile, treat your hair every-so-gently. Do not overwash and deep-condition regularly. Use warm, not hot, water when washing and rinsing. Don't feel bad--I played with my natural gorgeous auburn hair and it turned green! I spent eight hours in a salon and they wound up cutting most of it. Virgin hair is unparalleled in beauty. It is multi-tonal and has its own shine. When your hair returns to normal (and it will), just say "no" to the bottle!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend