Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Bb cream questions :)

Discussion

Shelsaharaxo
1 year, 3 months ago
Bb cream questions :)

1. Do you still use your normal moisturizer with your bb cream?

2. Any good ones for oily skin types?

:) <3

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 3 months ago
Re: Bb cream questions :)

I think I've tried just about all of the USA BB creams that have come out and the high end ones are basically just very expensive tinted moisturizers and IMHO, not worth their extensive price tags. My skin is combination so in the summer it was an oil slick and now its a bit on the dry side. The best USA BB cream I've found yet is actually made by Palmer's. Its called Eventone BB cream. When I first got it back in the early fall, it worked perfectly for my still fairly oily skin. In fact, it feels kind of drier going on the skin and it seemed to soak up any excess oil that was produced. Now that its cold out, and my skin is drier, I am still using it but I apply an anti-aging serum first and that seems to work well for me. The Palmer's only comes in 2 shades and the lightest is very light, but worked for my uber pale skin, and the dark shade is very dark. My review for the Palmer's BB cream is here: http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/6535392/palmers-cocoa-butter-formula-eventone-bb-cream. I also found the Maybelline BB cream to be pretty good for oily skins...I used that one all last summer before I found the Palmer's. I still needed a mattifying face powder for soaking up the oil though and had to use it throughout the day too. Additionally, the Maybelline BB cream doesn't have the good skin care ingredients the Palmer's one has either.

mlyvng
insider
1 year ago
Re: Re: Bb cream questions :)
jenn8779 posted:

I think I've tried just about all of the USA BB creams that have come out and the high end ones are basically just very expensive tinted moisturizers and IMHO, not worth their extensive price tags. My skin is combination so in the summer it was an oil slick and now its a bit on the dry side. The best USA BB cream I've found yet is actually made by Palmer's. Its called Eventone BB cream. When I first got it back in the early fall, it worked perfectly for my still fairly oily skin. In fact, it feels kind of drier going on the skin and it seemed to soak up any excess oil that was produced. Now that its cold out, and my skin is drier, I am still using it but I apply an anti-aging serum first and that seems to work well for me. The Palmer's only comes in 2 shades and the lightest is very light, but worked for my uber pale skin, and the dark shade is very dark. My review for the Palmer's BB cream is here: http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/6535392/palmers-cocoa-butter-formula-eventone-bb-cream. I also found the Maybelline BB cream to be pretty good for oily skins...I used that one all last summer before I found the Palmer's. I still needed a mattifying face powder for soaking up the oil though and had to use it throughout the day too. Additionally, the Maybelline BB cream doesn't have the good skin care ingredients the Palmer's one has either.

The Maybelline BB cream kinda sucks.

mlyvng
insider
1 year ago
Re: Bb cream questions :)

i use a moisturizer before bb cream.

becca_heslop
10 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Re: Bb cream questions :)
jenn8779 posted:

Hi :) I'm on a search for the best maybelline bb cream (including discontinued). Have you tried all of maybelline's bb creams : dream pure bb cream, clear glow bb cream, mineral bb cream, dream fresh bb cream, mineral SPF 50 bb cream. If you have could you help me pick which one is the best. And if you haven't how about you try them out I've herd good things about them. :D Thank you :) Xxxx.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend