Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask a Beauty Blogger » Tinted foundation primer, anybody?

Discussion

Euromongrel
1 year, 3 months ago
Tinted foundation primer, anybody?

I fell completely in love with Smashbox's ever-so-slightly bronzing tinted foundation primer, but it's been discontinued- and the only other flesh-tone primer they have is reflective, which I hate. Does anybody make a matte, oil-free foundation primer with a little bit of a tint any more? I'm so disappointed in Smashbox!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
11 months, 1 week ago
Re: Re: Tinted foundation primer, anybody?
yestfl posted:

I like Pixi. It's not matte, but it's a beatiful tinted primer that highlights!

I have used Stila and Benefit. I have discovered that for me primers are a joke, especially a tinted one. Perhaps if you have perfect skin, a tinted primer is for you. But, once applied, and benefits are covered up with your foundation. I have not seen ANY difference with or without the tinted primer. I suggest you don't waste your money, but invest in a good highlighter such as the different choices from Benefit, including Watts Up and one made by Tarte. You will achieve a really nice glow with a highlighter.

yestfl
elite
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Tinted foundation primer, anybody?

I like Pixi. It's not matte, but it's a beatiful tinted primer that highlights!

GigiSD
elite
11 months, 1 week ago
Re: Re: Re: Tinted foundation primer, anybody?
CaroleVonAllten posted:

I have used Stila and Benefit. I have discovered that for me primers are a joke, especially a tinted one. Perhaps if you have perfect skin, a tinted primer is for you. But, once applied, and benefits are covered up with your foundation. I have not seen ANY difference with or without the tinted primer. I suggest you don't waste your money, but invest in a good highlighter such as the different choices from Benefit, including Watts Up and one made by Tarte. You will achieve a really nice glow with a highlighter.

I couldn't agree with Carole more!!!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend