Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Skincare in your early 20s?

Discussion

sthomas91
1 year, 3 months ago
Skincare in your early 20s?

I don't know a lot about make up but I'm in my early 20s, and was wondering if you have any tips for sensitive, combination skin in your 20s? What types of products should I be looking for? A moisturizer, sunscreen, cleanser, toner? Should I be looking for any specific ingredients? I would appreciate help!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

2 Replies

Sele10
insider
1 year, 3 months ago
Re: Skincare in your early 20s?

Combination skin..Wash your face regularly. After you wash your face, I would recommend a moisturizer, but I prefer one that say oil free. If you don't want your face getting oily or feeling super dry. Products for sensitive skin you can try... -Neutrogena SPF Moisturizing Lotion -OLAY Complete Sensitive Lotion -Centaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser -Centaphil Moisturizing Lotion/Cream -Aveeno Moisturizing Lotion You can look over this website for Makeup tips which looks really helpful http://www.ehow.com/way_5698239_makeup-tips-sensitive-skin.html Hope This Helps!!

charbonn
1 year, 3 months ago
Re: Skincare in your early 20s?

It can be difficult to navigate the many different types of products. You should make sure you identify your specific skin concerns for your lifestyle. 1. Invest in a facewash- cetaphil is a good one. You may want to invest in an exfoliating facewash to use once a week as well (St. Ives or Neutrogena) 2. You should wear at least SPF 15, you can try one with a moisturizer. I wear Neutrogena anti wrinkle SPF 15, but if you are in direct sunlight invest in roche posay SPF 30 sunscreen. 3. At night, use a moisturizer (clinique dramatically different moisturizer is good). Remember to add products slowly to your skin care regime or you risk upsetting your skin. Ask for samples of products you are interested in or try travel sizes to explore your options. Salycic acid (2%) treats acne, AHA and retinoids treat wrinkles and brighten skin. Good luck!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend