Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » What's your favorite beauty tip of 2012?

Discussion

LittleBunny
elite
1 year, 3 months ago
What's your favorite beauty tip of 2012?

Ladies, share your favorite beauty tip from the past year as we say hello to 2013!

Mine: Lately I have been using a face brush when I wash my face, and I love it! I love the exfoliation that I get without the residue that a lot of scrubs leave behind. I get great results with a cheap little brush from Sally's; no need to spend on a Clarisonic.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

EricaF123
elite
1 year, 3 months ago
Re: What's your favorite beauty tip of 2012?

I've been using the Olay brush and I love it as well. Cleans better than a wash cloth.

GigiSD
elite
1 year, 2 months ago

A friend credited her amazing, glowing skin to eating healthily and lots of vitamins; besides a daily vitamin, she takes B Vitamins (particularly for hair and nails), Vitamin C (skin), COQ10 (skin), and Chromium (supposedly to prevent wrinkles). She also drinks up to 100 ounces of water daily. I started to follow her regimen and continually get compliments on my skin! Makes sense--many products contain vitamins and minerals, so why not ingest them?

inthemiddles
insider
1 year, 3 months ago

My favorite beauty tip of 2012 (not a new tip but because I learned it in 2012) is to apply a highlight shadow on the inner corner of the eye at the tear duct. Wow! It makes the eyes sparkle!

juli_hutcheson
insider
1 year, 1 month ago
Re: Re: What's your favorite beauty tip of 2012?
GigiSD posted:

A friend credited her amazing, glowing skin to eating healthily and lots of vitamins; besides a daily vitamin, she takes B Vitamins (particularly for hair and nails), Vitamin C (skin), COQ10 (skin), and Chromium (supposedly to prevent wrinkles). She also drinks up to 100 ounces of water daily. I started to follow her regimen and continually get compliments on my skin! Makes sense--many products contain vitamins and minerals, so why not ingest them?

Vitamin B also really helps with stabilizing the nervous system and red blood cell production. So ladies if you get really emotional during that time of the month, then take B.

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 3 months ago

My favorite tip I found during the past year is for applying concealor around the eyes. I saw a makeup artist's video (sorry, forget which artist now) who said to tilt your head down and look into the mirror when you apply your concealor. Tipping the head down allows you to see exactly where you have the most shadows around your eyes so you conceal only those areas. A close 2nd favorite - when applying a cream blush, use just a teeny dab of moisturizer to mix with the blush. It thins out the formula so you don't apply too much and keeps the formula from drying too quickly. Both tips above have worked so well for me!

juli_hutcheson
insider
1 year, 3 months ago

Other people have probably done this many times, but I've been mixing my moisturizer (olay) and a primer (smashbox light). Before I would almost never use the primer but now I am and it's helping so much with makeup and my skin!

Sari
allstar
1 year, 2 months ago

A baking soda and vinegar hair mask to get rid of build up. Leave it on for a couple of minutes, wash it off and presto.. clean hair.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend