Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Has Anyone Else Gone Low Buy/No Buy with Makeup?

Discussion

liquidlinernote
insider
1 year, 4 months ago
Has Anyone Else Gone Low Buy/No Buy with Makeup?

I'm going to be trying an experiment this year, partly to save money and partly just because I think it might be interesting.

I'm banning myself from buying any makeup unless I literally run out of a product (like concealer, not like a single color of eyeshadow). If I do have to buy, I'm only going to buy high-end and do a lot of research and sampling ahead of time. Obviously I'm still going to have to change my mascara every 3 months.

But what I really wanted to know is -- has anyone else tried banning themselves from compulsive makeup shopping? What have been your experiences with it?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

MissXu
elite
1 year, 4 months ago
Re: Has Anyone Else Gone Low Buy/No Buy with Makeup?

This is a WONDERFUL idea! I mean I have so much makeup, I sometimes just do NOT use any at all. I need a good cleaning, and either throw out makeup that I'm not using. Or use the ones and I have before buying anything new.

GigiSD
elite
1 year, 1 month ago

I wasn't realizing how much I was spending. I am drawn to color and cosmetics. But then it occurred to me that $20 here and $30 there ads up. I'm limiting my spending to what I really need now. Please be aware that high-end products are not ALWAYS the best; sometimes their ingredients are identical with those you find in discount/drugstores. But this is a great idea--thanks!

debra_diriwachter
1 year, 4 months ago

i buy when im running low because i dont like to have stuff around that i wont use

Sonflower
insider
1 year, 4 months ago

To answer your question...I've not done this. I don't have a need to as I rarely buy makeup and when I do it's a die hard product that I always use..... However I am posting because I want to applaud you as I think it's an excellent idea. Kudos to you for being extra thoughtful toward your purchases :)

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 3 months ago

Good idea. I'm a makeup addict so I don't think I could do this yet.

kdoshi31
1 year, 2 months ago

This is a toughie! I'm a makeup addict as well...I'm sloooowwlly trying to reduce the amount I buy! Good luck!

LoriQ
1 year, 2 months ago
Re: Re: Has Anyone Else Gone Low Buy/No Buy with Makeup?
kdoshi31 posted:

This is a toughie! I'm a makeup addict as well...I'm sloooowwlly trying to reduce the amount I buy! Good luck!

lol I am addicted to makeup so I'm always buying something. I have a ton of makeup!

Joana84
insider
1 year, 4 months ago

I am low maintenance when it comes to wearing makeup every day. Most days I don't use any makeup whatsoever. I can tell that when I do this..my skin is more flawless and my daily serum, eye lotion, and spf lotion work better on my skin. Good luck. :) if you can't leave all your makeup..stick to a low maintenance routine..and a mineral based makeup.

nicky22
allstar
1 year, 1 month ago

I'm not into a specific product, i mainly deal with eyeshadows and mascaras, so the only thing i run out to buy is mascara. sometimes i'll try to delay that by using black shadow.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend