Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Question for the Community - Want To Ensure My Reviews Are Good - Feedback

Discussion

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 4 months ago
Question for the Community - Want To Ensure My Reviews Are Good - Feedback

All- I posted a review for this product a few weeks back and I saw today that it shows that "0 of 2 people found this review helpful".  I believe that means that 2 people didn't like my review.  In the hopes of improving my reviewing skills, I wanted to ask for feedback on my review and to see what I could have done better to make this review helpful.  Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/6535392/palmers-cocoa-butter-formula-eventone-bb-cream?sort=1&reviewed=1

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

Sonflower
insider
1 year, 4 months ago
Re: Question for the Community - Want To Ensure My Reviews Are Good - Feedback

I read the review even though I am not a BB product user yet... Nothing against BB stuff... I just haven't had the need to steer from my tried & true products. I don't see anything "wrong" with the review. Its very thorough & carefully writen. While i cant speak for the 2 who didnt say it was helpful or not, I am guilty of reading reviews in a huge hurry & not flagging the review as helpful or not helpful. I suspect people were in a hurry & mght have read say 5 reviews super quick on a train or bus or what have you, then moved on & never flagged any of the reviews they read.

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 3 months ago

Thanks everyone for giving me feedback! I never even considered that viewing and not voting was causing it to read as "0 of X reviewers found this helpful". LOL I thought that meant it wasn't helpful. LOL So now I know that will happen if someone views and doesn't vote. Cool. Also, I will try and be more careful about using "okay". I think I am guilty of writing the way I speak...not good. I am really grateful for all the feedback though.....TotalBeauty folks are the BESTEST!! :-)

MissXu
elite
1 year, 4 months ago

Your review is great, I think it might just help deleting "okay" from your first sentence. Otherwise, I think your review was helpful! :)

ReflxnsOfGrace
insider
1 year, 4 months ago

I agree with what one of the PPs said. Some people read reviews and keep moving along without rating as helpful or not. I read your review and it was great. You stated benefits and reasons why you liked/disliked it as well as your recommendation. Helpful review in my opinion.

charliecat31
allstar
1 year, 2 months ago

I just read your review and found it to be very written and full of great details! I don't know why anyone would mark it unhelpful. My only guess is that you just can't please everyone, no matter how hard we try. :-) I think it's obvious that you put a lot of thought and attention to your review and by posting here, it's obvious you care. Keep up the great reviews!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend