Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Does Dry Brushing the Skin On Your Body Irritate Sensitive Skin?

Discussion

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 5 months ago
Does Dry Brushing the Skin On Your Body Irritate Sensitive Skin?

This is a question for anyone who does, or has, dry brushed their bodies- I was reading an article that recommends dry brushing to exfoliate the skin and increase circulation.  I have super sensitive skin and I wondered if this could irritate it or make it worse?  Any and all information is greatly appreciated! 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

skincaretalks
1 year, 4 months ago
Re: Does Dry Brushing the Skin On Your Body Irritate Sensitive Skin?

I would suggest you not to follow dry brushing, specially if you have sensitive skin. It may lead you to rashes. Better use some oil or water while exfoliating.

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 4 months ago
Re: Re: Does Dry Brushing the Skin On Your Body Irritate Sensitive Skin?
skincaretalks posted:

I would suggest you not to follow dry brushing, specially if you have sensitive skin. It may lead you to rashes. Better use some oil or water while exfoliating.

skincaretalks- I was afraid of something bad happening and definitely don't want any rashes, which I didn't even consider. Thaks for your response and recommendation! I think I'll stick to my sugar scrub instead. LOL

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 4 months ago
Re: Does Dry Brushing the Skin On Your Body Irritate Sensitive Skin?

Definitely stay away from dry brushing. It is way too damaging to the epidermis. Try a light exfoliator, such as Tree Hut's line, available at ULTA and ULTA.com. My favorite is Brazil Nut. I use the exfoliator, body wash and shea body butter.

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 4 months ago
Re: Re: Does Dry Brushing the Skin On Your Body Irritate Sensitive Skin?
CaroleVonAllten posted:

Definitely stay away from dry brushing. It is way too damaging to the epidermis. Try a light exfoliator, such as Tree Hut's line, available at ULTA and ULTA.com. My favorite is Brazil Nut. I use the exfoliator, body wash and shea body butter.

Carole- Oh, thank you for reminding me about Tree Hut! I had completely forgotten about that line. And I love their brazil nut products too! I used to work for the The Body Shop and after I left, I couldn't afford their products any more (yes, I still miss my 40% discount LOL) and had tried the Tree Hut versions and their a great dupe...honestly couldn't tell the difference. If you have any other recommendations, please send them my way...I love reading your reviews.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend