Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Hairstyles with extensions

Discussion

april_young
1 year, 5 months ago
Hairstyles with extensions

I'd love to try/use extensions, esp. bangs. But the hair on the top of my head is so thin you can see the scalp, so there isn't much to clip extensions onto or cover the clip areas over.  Am I stuck with wearing full wigs instead?  Besides, being so thin, there isn't much hair to have trimmed into bangs in the first place.  Ah, me!  Would appreciate some suggestions.  Thank you.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

1 Reply

scarrillo
insider
1 year, 4 months ago
Re: Hairstyles with extensions

Hey April, You can definitely still use extensions even if you have thin hair, I've seen them done on people recovering from chemo with hardly any hair at all. However, I would be careful not to use them too much since they can pull on your hair and cause it to break (aka, make it even thinner). Have you tried Biotin or Viviscal supplements? They can help your hair grow more and make it thicker. It takes a few months to start to see results, but I've had a good experience with Viviscal (and you can get it at the drugstore or on amazon). Hope this helps!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend