Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Thank you

Discussion

Sonflower
insider
1 year, 5 months ago
Thank you

Ok this is corny as all get out but I just want to say thank you for this website, the reviews, articles, forum & everything. Well I am no spring chicken at 46 but it's never too late right? I love my Mom so much but she is almost not into beauty nor fashion, and I have no sisters, only brothers, so growing up I was starved for beauty & fashion advice. I would read beauty mags & picked up a few tips that were great & that helped, but never the level of detail that I truly needed for day to day living. And I just now found your website. It never hit me to try & find a site to guide me with beauty products. I have adult acne, very oily skin and thick wavy hair with a mind of its own. So believe me, I need all the help I can get. People usually are very surprised when I tell them my age because I know I look a lot younger than I am, which is nice, but I want to keep it that way. I just had to introduce myself; if this is the wrong forum please move my post. Again thank you so very much for all you do. Oh, and I try new products all the time, so I am excited to write reviews. Wow, so happy that I might be able to help someone! 

PS Here's how bad it is. I didn't even know flat irons existed till about 10 years ago! And then, I was so scared to use one, that it took me about 7 or 8 years to try one! That's pretty bad! But it gives you an idea of how unconfident & insecure I am when it comes to makeup & hair. Nails I'm pretty good at but makeup & hair? Very nervous.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

TBjunkie
elite
1 year, 5 months ago
Re: Thank you

Your story sounds very similar to my own. I grew up with a house full of boys, I have five brothers and four step brothers. I didn't have any guidance on anything regarding being a girl, not even from mom. I think this site is especially helpful to women like you and I that don't have much knowledge and learned what we know only through our own experiences. It sounds like our hair type is alike and I've mastered my unruly hair so I'd be happy to give you my opinion, I'll friend you. I'm glad you found totalbeauty.com because there is a ton to learn from this site. Welcome Sonflower!

Sonflower
insider
1 year, 5 months ago
Re: Re: Thank you
TBjunkie posted:

Your story sounds very similar to my own. I grew up with a house full of boys, I have five brothers and four step brothers. I didn't have any guidance on anything regarding being a girl, not even from mom. I think this site is especially helpful to women like you and I that don't have much knowledge and learned what we know only through our own experiences. It sounds like our hair type is alike and I've mastered my unruly hair so I'd be happy to give you my opinion, I'll friend you. I'm glad you found totalbeauty.com because there is a ton to learn from this site. Welcome Sonflower!

Thank you! I am literally thrilled to be here. I had no idea John Frieda makes a 3 day straightener and have already e-mailed 2 friends to tell them about it! You guys are THE BOMB!

AmandaTB
1 year, 5 months ago

Welcome to TotalBeauty Sonflower! We're so glad to help and it's users like yourself that make this site such an informative and enjoyable place to be, so thank YOU!

ReflxnsOfGrace
insider
1 year, 5 months ago

Welcome, Sonflower! I'm probably the opposite. Although I grew up as a middle child and would fit right in playing sports and getting into car stuff with my dad, my mom played a big role in my interest in beauty related things. My dad was protective so I didn't get into doing makeup on myself until my early twenties, but my friends would always have me doing their hair because I liked trying different styles on mine. I enjoy the beauty industry so much that I changed careers from social work to cosmetology and have found it such a blessing to be able to touch other people's lives. I am also a beauty consultant and it's fun teaching skin care and makeup application. I look forward to seeing you on the site and reading your reviews! :-)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend