Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Best brightener/cover up for under eye circles?

Discussion

fyrcracker2008
insider
1 year, 5 months ago
Best brightener/cover up for under eye circles?

We all have those days when we wake up and think, uggghhhh........ So I have been looking for a GREAT cover up with a lifting agent built in. I tried Dior's pen version and liked it but wasn't totally sold. What are you using that you love and how are you applying it? Brush, fingers? Beauty Blender? Thx!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

fyrcracker2008
insider
1 year, 5 months ago
Re: Best brightener/cover up for under eye circles?

Well... with no replies I started doing my own looking. I found this review and although I haven't received the product yet, I am excited to. http://www.mynewestaddiction.com/2012/10/it-cosmetics-bye-bye-under-eye-review.html#.UIwxmvXbHRw.twitter The other thing I started doing was do use my Amazing concelor as an under eye base with my YBF highlighter to cover and life. It has been wonderful, even better than the Dior Flashlight pen. Enjoy ladies!

MissXu
elite
1 year, 5 months ago
Re: Re: Best brightener/cover up for under eye circles?
fyrcracker2008 posted:

Well... with no replies I started doing my own looking. I found this review and although I haven't received the product yet, I am excited to. http://www.mynewestaddiction.com/2012/10/it-cosmetics-bye-bye-under-eye-review.html#.UIwxmvXbHRw.twitter The other thing I started doing was do use my Amazing concelor as an under eye base with my YBF highlighter to cover and life. It has been wonderful, even better than the Dior Flashlight pen. Enjoy ladies!

Sounds pretty good! :) I actually don't really cover up my under eye circles. I just try to get enough sleep! :)

rubyJacksonn
1 year, 5 months ago

You can try some homemade remedies like cut a lemon in half, using only one half and saving the other. Be sure to put the unused half in a cool area, such as a refrigerator. Make sure to apply sunscreen even on cloudy summer days and on bright winter days. Use lemon for lightening eye area and put on sunscreen everyday. Hope this help you

littlelaura
insider
7 months, 3 weeks ago

I know this is a long time after the fact but I just recently joined and had the SAME problem. I get terrible bags and dark circles that make me look like I broke my nose some days. My go to remedy is cold spoons wrapped in a napkin/ paper towel for a few min before applying anything. Next I found that a small amount of hemorrhoid cream ( yeah I know) is really soothing and helps them disappear however you have to gently wipe it off with cool water before applying makeup because it will look super greasy and ruin any makeup. You can also try Garniers depuff eye roller. The ball is metal and feels good when you apply it. You can put it on before applying concealer. As far as actual under eye concealing is concerned my go to process for the bad days is as follows 1. apply a depuff product ( I LOVE origins no puffery eye gel or Garnier depuff roller) You can also try applying a correcting cream concealer ( ya know those green yellow and pink ones). The trick is to apply the color opposite the color wheel to the area for example apply yellow to more purple areas. Tap gently with your ring finger to blend a bit. 2. apply a regular concealer (whatever you prefer but I like the realness of concealness kit by Benefit) to the worst areas of dark circles. I gently tap it with my ring finger to blend. 3. Apply an under eye concealer to entire under eye ( I prefer stroke of light by BareMinerals). 4. I set it to make sure it doesn't end up creasing with a translucent powder ( wild rose mineral illuminating powder by Korres has a bit of shimmer to also brighten your under eye area)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend