Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Do you switch products for changing seasons or stay the course?

Discussion

robinrobin623
1 year, 6 months ago
Do you switch products for changing seasons or stay the course?

As we head into colder weather, do you switch up products to adjust? I've been using a gel cream moisturizer during the days and nights, but will probably need a heavier night cream for fall/winter. My skin gets really parched from the weather and needs a little more moisturizing TLC.

I use body butters and oils year round, but really amp it up during the colder months, too. What about you?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 6 months ago
Re: Do you switch products for changing seasons or stay the course?

I have combination skin (always have had it...sigh) and now I have "combination skin" at 44 yrs old, meaning a combination of zits and wrinkles. LOL I have to switch products/formulas every season. Its taken me some time to figure out what the right products are and when to switch up the skin care. Once you've figured it out, it gets easier. Even though I get prone to oily skin in the T-zone, I slather my skin too in the cold weather with thicker creams, usually at night. I also switch from an oil controlling toner in the summer to rose water in the colder months. Not only does it hydrate the skin and clean the pores but it helps with the redness too.

ladyboarder9669
elite
1 year, 6 months ago

I start using a thicker night cream and a serum for winter. I also tend to go back to foundation at leave the BB cream for summer.

Vandou
1 year, 6 months ago

I do the same as you! During the Fall and especially the Winter (even though we live in Florida!) my skin dries out so badly it actually starts peeling. I switch to the heavier moisturizers and creamers. My face gets really dry and peels around my nose (!!!), so I go with a really heavy night cream. Do you have a personal favorite for your face? If so, let me know...I can use all of the help I can get! =O)

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 6 months ago
Re: Re: Do you switch products for changing seasons or stay the course?
Vandou posted:

I do the same as you! During the Fall and especially the Winter (even though we live in Florida!) my skin dries out so badly it actually starts peeling. I switch to the heavier moisturizers and creamers. My face gets really dry and peels around my nose (!!!), so I go with a really heavy night cream. Do you have a personal favorite for your face? If so, let me know...I can use all of the help I can get! =O)

Vandou- do you use products with retinol or an acid? The dryness and peeling you mention makes me wonder about that....or, if not, maybe you have some sensitivity? My fave coldweather night cream is Eucerin Q10 Anti-wrinkle sensitive skin cream. Its really thick, very moisturizing and actually soothes my sensitive skin and reduces redness. Although its super thick, it doesn't make my skin breakout either. Also, you may want to try rosewater and glycerin as a toner. The glycerin adds moisture and since its all natural, there's no drying alcohol.

ReflxnsOfGrace
insider
1 year, 5 months ago

I have sensitive and combination skin. I have learned to adjust my products as the seasons change. it keeps everything balanced.

unfamiliargirl
insider
1 year, 6 months ago

I always have to use a heavier moisturizer in the winter because my skin gets one hundred times drier. I also start using liquid foundation again, I think it lasts longer for me in the cold than powder or mineral foundation does. Different seasons definitely need different types of products!

BlackFleur145
allstar
1 year, 5 months ago
Re: Re: Do you switch products for changing seasons or stay the course?
Vandou posted:

If you find anything let me know!

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 5 months ago

I continue with day cream and a heavier night cream. I live in the desert southwest and need constant moisture. I don't use body lotions. They're too thin. I use body creams and body butter.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend