Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » What brand of makeup brushes?

Discussion

robinrobin623
1 year, 6 months ago
What brand of makeup brushes?

Hi i'm just starting as a new makeup artist and need to purchase brushes.
Can anyone recommend what brand of brushes I should use?

Thanks for you help

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 6 months ago
Re: What brand of makeup brushes?

Robin- some excellent and inexpensive brushes can be gotten from E.L.F. and Sonia Kashuk. Also, I highly recommend going into an art supply store and checking out their brushes. I can get great quality brushes there and I normally trim/cut them to my own needs. They tend to be much, much cheaper too! Lots of high end companies make great brushes but unless you have a surplus of extra $$$, save it and buy more inexpensive. Or, look for specials from high end companies when they give brushes away with a product.

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
1 year, 6 months ago

Hey Robin, check out this article about makeup brushes that are essential for creating any look: http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/makeup-brushes-you-need-101. Hope it helps!

ladyboarder9669
elite
1 year, 6 months ago

Eco tools are amazing and you can't beat the price! you can get them at walmart. They are hands down some of the best brushes i've ever used!!

darkangel81
allstar
1 year, 5 months ago

I recently started replacing my brushes with Real Techniques brushes. They are amazing!!! They can be purchased online, or you can get them at ULTA. If you follow any YouTube gurus, these brushes were created from one of the sisters from the Pixiwoo channel. They are very affordable, soft, cruelty-free, and the best part, THEY DO NOT SHED!!! Hope this helps :)

melissa_nicole
allstar
9 months, 2 weeks ago

I love Sonia Kashuk

Sarahsequins
insider
7 months, 2 weeks ago

If your trying to save money I recommend Ecotools or real techniques both brands are very reasonable in price and perform with excellence. I am a dedicated user of those two brands. Definitely check them out if you haven't already. Hope this helps!!!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend