Home » Community » Message Boards » » Would Love To See AFFORDABLE products Listed/Recommended

Discussion

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 7 months ago
Would Love To See AFFORDABLE products Listed/Recommended

My beauty life seems to recommend or review products that appear to out of most members price ranges, as per the comments/feedback I read.  It would be greatly appreciated if everyone would remember that we're still, unfortunately, feeling the effects of the recession and most folks are stil tryig to save their money.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

Jules_Ann
1 year, 7 months ago
Re: Would Love To See AFFORDABLE products Listed/Recommended

Right there with you girls! I have been begging the fashion & beauty world for the past few years to please give more budget-friendly alternatives which I know are out there. Like most of the population, my budget is extremely tight and can not afford to put money into beauty products. I get that the big brands, such as Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc, probably help pay for a majority of the beauty sites, so of course they are going to have the majority of face time on sites. However, I know very few people, especially out of the big cities, like New York and LA, who can actually afford to spend the big bucks on products. Total Beauty does do a better job than most to bring the affordable brands to the public at large, but it would be nice for them to do better. Whoever does, I think will bring in a ton more people.

yestfl
elite
1 year, 7 months ago

That would be super awesome. Great idea, specially for those girls that are in HS or college and have limited budgets. It's cool to see the higher end options, but there are so many good affordable, drugstore items available as well. :)

DramaMartini
insider
1 year, 6 months ago

I have spent a lot looking for the perfect night cream. I wish I has discovered this product before throwing away my money and time. Here is the perfect and most affordable product ever! Coconut Oil! You can purchase it anywhere. A jar lasts months, smooths right into your skin without a layer of oil. Lines disappear, skin feels soft and it can be used as your morning regime. I prefer it before bed and wake up looking radiant. Coconut Oil! Ladies, you'll be beautiful and your wallet fuller!

MissXu
elite
1 year, 7 months ago

I remember starting out on ELF cosmetics back in HS, which are so affordable. Most items are $1 and the studio line products are $3. So you can get an extra makeup bag of products for under $10 really. The quality on most of these products are surprisingly good as well. Their brushes are just amazing!! Don't believe me? Check out the reviews tab and look for ELF products. I mean honestly, this is as affordable as makeup can get.

Helmi
allstar
1 year, 7 months ago

I agree. I'd like that too. The only relatively expensive thing I buy is my oil-control moisturizer. The effect is worth it. Good cosmetics are often pricey, but I really don't want to spend more that $15 for one piece of make-up. Maybelline, Avon, or NYC probably work just as well as Estee Lauder or Lippmann. And I'd also like to see something new along the lines of "Best Fragrances Under $40." Smelling sexy should not cost so much.

PrettyCheap
insider
1 year, 1 month ago

You read my mind! That always seems to be the case everywhere. Magazines are the worst. Who wants to read about awesome stuff they can't have? It's frusterating because we know the high end products are better, but we are stuck in the drugstore... with coupons. At least sometimes you will find ppl, usually bloggers, who will talk about dupes. My question is, are there really that many women out there who can still afford the high end? I'm too much of a product junkie and i can only splurge on clearence. I know im not the only one. Dont forget about us!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend