Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Acne Problem

Discussion

sid
1 year, 8 months ago
Acne Problem

My skin which is combination is suffering from severe acne :/ Well, currently life sucks. Whatever lotion and moisturizers i use they either make me breakout or my skin oily. I can't apply any moisturizer not even sunscreen lately but as i live in a city with 80 degrees temperature i need to. I want a light weight moisturizer with SPF of atleast 30, for combination acne skin. But i can't seem to find a decent one which doesn't break me out, doesn't contain titanium dioxide and also makes my skin glow, not shiny just a healthy vibrant glow. Any ideas ladies? Any suggestion will be appreciated :)

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

flirtygirl214
allstar
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: Acne Problem

I am not sure what you consider severe because I believe every woman might have their own definition of that term. However, I have never been able to use moisturizers or sunscreen because it will make me break out. I absolutely love Neutrogena's Visibly Even facial cleanser. It's got some anti aging properties which I love, but it also contains the vitamin C and Soy for a natural skin glow. I've also used their oil free, acne stress control facial cleanser which is good. The stress control cleansing line contains salycilic acid which helps to control acne. The visibly even cleanser is not as exfoliating which I like better for me because too much exfoliation can cause breakouts. Any time you switch to a new skin care regimen, it can cause breakouts so it's a good idea to give your skin a week or two to respond to a new cleanser. Good luck!

Helmi
allstar
1 year, 8 months ago

Hi Sid, Sorry about you skin woes. I certainly sympathize, as an oily-skinned chick. I would normally recommend Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, but you might have tried that. If you can spend more, I think Avon/mark For Goodness Face lotion with SPF 30(reg.$18) would be good. I had a sample awhile back and it IS ultra-light, free of titanium dioxide and made my skin so, so soft.

ladyboarder9669
elite
1 year, 8 months ago

Have you tried Shisedo? I"m not sure if it has titanium dioxide, but its non greasy and pretty light for a sunscreen but works amazingly well! Its my fav sunscreen ever!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend