Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Dry Curly African American Hair

Discussion

ainmeb
insider
1 year, 8 months ago
Dry Curly African American Hair

I really need help I can't manage my dry unmanageable hair it's a big mess it's always super dry has no shine at all and is just ugly any tips that won't cost me a lot I'm a teen sooo I don't got that much cash.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

ainmeb
insider
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: Re: Dry Curly African American Hair
LittleBunny posted:

Try Jamaican black castor oil. It will really help your hair retain moisture and it will make it a lot smoother. You can find it on amazon.

thank you soooo much I'll try it

LittleBunny
elite
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: Dry Curly African American Hair

Try Jamaican black castor oil. It will really help your hair retain moisture and it will make it a lot smoother. You can find it on amazon.

MzWayne
allstar
1 year, 8 months ago

I have natural hair and extra virgin coconut oil on freshly washed hair is a good remedy. Also try using grapeseed oil on hair between shampooing and conditioning. This helps replace oils lost when using shampoo. You may also want to swtich to a sulfate free shampoo like Shea moisture.

volta
elite
1 year, 8 months ago

Are you near a Sally's Beauty Store? I *love* Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment. It's in the ethnic hair section. It's a bit jar that costs about $5-6, so even if you get a handful, the jar will last a long time. It's my FAVORITE thing to use whenever I bleach my hair because it makes it super soft and manageable after a couple of uses. So if it can do wonders for fried hair, then it can help you out. Sally's does have a great return policy so even if you use it, but you don't like it, then you can return it. This deep conditioner should be left on your hair for a few minutes in the shower, and is great on chemically treated/relaxed/color treated hair. It's awesome, AND cheap!

Sheerilee
1 year, 8 months ago

Try SCurl spray and a good moisturizer leave in. Motions has one. SCurl may too. Argan Oil products may be a little bit higher but they are good too.

LittleBunny
elite
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: Re: Re: Dry Curly African American Hair
ainmeb posted:

thank you soooo much I'll try it

Good luck with it. I have been using it for about a year and my hair is completely different than it was before-- much, much smoother, softer, and no breakage! It really is like a miracle product.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend