Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask a Beauty Blogger » BB Cream?

Discussion

y.isle
1 year, 9 months ago
BB Cream?

I'm really new at the make up scene and i'm just wondering whats the differenece between BB Cream and a foundation like Fit Me?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

advicesisterA
BLOGGER
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: Re: Re: BB Cream?
y.isle posted:

Thank You so much! :)

As the other people have already suggested, a BB cream is a beauty balm, and has generally has skin-nurturing benefits that a foundation may or may not have. As such, it's not just a matter of the color and texture of a BB cream that matters, but what is in it, and whether or not those things are good for your particular type of skin and complexion goals. I prefer one with enough SPF sun protection to keep me at least reasonably protected as I start out the day, and I also prefer one that has enough coverage to deal with small flaws (otherwise I"d just use aplain moisturizer with SPF in it). The good news is that BB creams come in all types of formulations and price points. One of my favorite is actually by Maybelline, and it's one of the least expensive.

y.isle
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: Re: BB Cream?
beautyalchemist posted:

HI Y, BB Creams are a multitasking lightweight skin product. Most have skincare ingredients, high SPF, lightly moisturize , act as a primer as well as smooth and perfect skin. Most provide light coverage, and it depends on the brand. Some matte and control oil as well. They can be used alone or under foundation. Hope that helps. FitMe is a nice, light foundation, so the BB has a lot more things. You could easily use the two together. Some top BB Creams I love are the ones from Dr. Jart, MAC and Smashbox. The high end ones in this case are far better than the drugstore brands so far. Here's a link to my review of the MAC one : http://thebeautyalchemist.blogspot.com/2011/06/mac-prep-and-prime-beauty-balm-spf-35.html

volta
elite
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: Re: Re: BB Cream?
y.isle posted:

I love BB creams (Smashbox is still my favorite), but I run into the problem like many others where the shades don't fit me (and I really don't want to waste my time and money trying to mix two different shades). So actually use BB cream as a primer (and it evens out my tone better) underneath my foundation on those occasions when I want full coverage.

ladyboarder9669
elite
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: BB Cream?

BB Creams are meant to be good for the skin! They are moisturizing, have spf. and help to build and repair skin while providing a light, smooth, beatheable coverage. Give em a try! I fell in love with it on the first use! its perfect for summer for a more natural look and to keep your skin from looking greasy!

beautyalchemist
BLOGGER
1 year, 9 months ago

HI Y, BB Creams are a multitasking lightweight skin product. Most have skincare ingredients, high SPF, lightly moisturize , act as a primer as well as smooth and perfect skin. Most provide light coverage, and it depends on the brand. Some matte and control oil as well. They can be used alone or under foundation. Hope that helps. FitMe is a nice, light foundation, so the BB has a lot more things. You could easily use the two together. Some top BB Creams I love are the ones from Dr. Jart, MAC and Smashbox. The high end ones in this case are far better than the drugstore brands so far. Here's a link to my review of the MAC one : http://thebeautyalchemist.blogspot.com/2011/06/mac-prep-and-prime-beauty-balm-spf-35.html

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 8 months ago

I like the look of the BB creams but none of them have been enough coverage for my 40 year old skin. If I were younger I think these would be great. I've tried the pricier ones but my fave right now is the Loreal Youth Code BB cream- very illuminating.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend