Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » Pantene hair products are CONFUSING cuz too many kinds

Discussion

jackie9876
1 year, 9 months ago
Pantene hair products are CONFUSING cuz too many kinds

Is it just me?  Years ago I tried one shampoo that I liked, but when I look at the Pantene section in a store there are like (at least) 30 different variations of shampoo, conditioner and shampoo plus conditioner.  I looked at their official website, which made it even more confusing.  While certain products were featured and listed under "products", in the FAQ section it said most of them were no longer being made.  If anyone can tell me where to find consistent info or a retail store with a manageable selection, I would really appreciate it! 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Pantene hair products are CONFUSING cuz too many kinds

Hi Jackie -- They definitely have gotten more confusing since they started the separate lines based on hair type. However, I find that they are pretty easy to look through at Target or the drugstore (CVS, Walgreens) if you know what type of hair you have and what type of care you need. I use the Smoothing line for Medium-Thick hair. Hope that helps!

NotJustGingerly
allstar
1 year, 4 months ago

Funny, I was shampoo & conditioner shopping a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing. However, if you compare ingredients, item by item, there are just a couple of product formulations with different labels (I read everything). Many big name personal care manufacturers do this so they can have more shelf space. Not to mention they change product names, labels and packaging to hold customer interest and catch new ones. I could go on and on about marketing and such here. I prefer to buy my "drugstore" products at big name retailers (walmart & target to name a few) as they sell more and rotate their stock more often, and the product's website will match what is offered in the stores.

ReflxnsOfGrace
insider
1 year, 5 months ago

If you go to a local chain salon, like great clips, SuperCuts, etc and let them know what you're looking for they will be able to help. That way when you're shopping you will know what to look for. Products are becoming more diverse now because there are so many different hair types, not everyone's needs are the same. Hopefully you find what works for you. Best wishes.

foxbrent
1 year, 2 months ago

Right, they made different kinds and make a commercial saying it's the best but what about the old products they released?

toddfan
allstar
1 year, 1 month ago

I don't know that they are that different. I think they try to stay a step ahead by saying it's new, improved...

NotJustGingerly
allstar
1 year, 1 month ago
Re: Re: Pantene hair products are CONFUSING cuz too many kinds
toddfan posted:

I don't know that they are that different. I think they try to stay a step ahead by saying it's new, improved...

They do - many personal care product manufacturers will take the same product and slap a "new and improved" on the bottle. There is no regulation regarding many of the terms they use. I have looked at the FDA website and it is more confusing than picking out shampoo.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend