Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Eye creams

Discussion

kendallmalloy
insider
1 year, 9 months ago
Eye creams

I've read several articles by make-up artists who claim you might not

need a separate eye cream.  A good moisturizer used in moderation can be used under the eye.

What do you folks think?

Kendall Malloy Chicago, IL

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

bernardina_cortes_kimmerle
insider
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: Eye creams

It depends. If you skin is young, youthful and bouncy - then a nice penetrating moisturizer [which you can use all over your face] should work. However, if you suffer from eyebags, puffiness, crows feet - - use one. But I am a firm believer that one should use eyecreams. With cutting edge technology nowadays, you can gte some with peptides that penetrate deep into your skin providing anti-aging benefits.

MissXu
elite
1 year, 9 months ago

That's interesting, I still thinking of investing in an eye cream, just cause I feel like it should work better. But I'll definitely keep this in mind when I'm on a low beauty budget. Btw, my aveeno positively radiant moisturizer does wonders! Love it, been using it for years now!

virginia_ann_wommack_gothard
7 months, 3 weeks ago

I would have to disagree about not using a cream especially for the eyes. The skin around the eyes is much more delicate and will show signs of aging quicker. Eye creams are usually more gentle and when applying an eye cream try patting it on gently with your ring finger. If you rub in an eye cream go outward on the upper lid and go in underneath the eye. Always use your ring finger because you have less strength in this finger. Pulling and tugging on the eye area can cause premature signs of aging like wrinkles and sagging. Your skin loses elasticity as you age and the eye area is especially prone to this, so we want to do everything we can to delay the effects of gravity and aging.

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Re: Eye creams
MissXu posted:

That's interesting, I still thinking of investing in an eye cream, just cause I feel like it should work better. But I'll definitely keep this in mind when I'm on a low beauty budget. Btw, my aveeno positively radiant moisturizer does wonders! Love it, been using it for years now!

I've read that before too. I use eye creams but switch around a lot. The results are never that obvious so it's hard to get enthusiastic about them. I do find that the more hydrated my skin (even around the eyes) is the better I look.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend