Home » Community » Message Boards » Get Healthy » Staying Healthy - Drinking Liquids

Discussion

MissXu
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
Staying Healthy - Drinking Liquids

I believe the suggestion is for 8 cups of water a day, how many people actually get this much water? 

Also, what other healthy substitutes for water is there? 

I like to drink orange juice (but usually just for breakfast), aloe vera drink, green tea, and limeade! 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

12 Replies

alictasia
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Re: Staying Healthy - Drinking Liquids
alictasia posted:

I take medicine that requires that I faithfully drink 8 glasses of water daily and I can tell you that it is a JOB! I find it hard to believe that many people actually drink that much. There was an article on TB recently about summer time drinks that had many tempting concoctions. I have been making some of them using water instead of alcohol and have enjoyed having some variety in my daily regimine.

I don't know why my message posted twice :( Anyway, I thought you might want the link for those summer time cocktails, and I noticed that they are lo-cal also! http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/low-calorie-summer-cocktails

alictasia
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Staying Healthy - Drinking Liquids

I take medicine that requires that I faithfully drink 8 glasses of water daily and I can tell you that it is a JOB! I find it hard to believe that many people actually drink that much. There was an article on TB recently about summer time drinks that had many tempting concoctions. I have been making some of them using water instead of alcohol and have enjoyed having some variety in my daily regimine.

hamolla
allstar
7 months, 2 weeks ago

I like to drink juices or cold tea also but I gotta make an effort to drink water. I was drinking around 6 cups per day and I saw improvement in my skin nd no kidney pain.

Dmarie333
allstar
4 weeks ago

Have you tried coconut water? Excellent for you specifically 100% raw coconut water

alictasia
elite
1 year, 9 months ago

alictasia
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
alictasia posted:

I don't know why my message posted twice :( Anyway, I thought you might want the link for those summer time cocktails, and I noticed that they are lo-cal also! http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/low-calorie-summer-cocktails

MissXu
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Re: Re: Staying Healthy - Drinking Liquids
alictasia posted:

Haha, yeah it's strange but you double posted twice, but it's all good. You might've double clicked or something. Thanks for the link! I'm checking it out right now.

MissXu
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
alictasia posted:

To be honest, I barely get even 1 cup, but really that's my fault for not taking in enough liquids. At my best, I can maybe get 3 cups of liquids (and this can range from anything from coffee to tea) but lately I've been trying to get at least a cup of water a day. I'm telling you, I'm trying... but drinking enough liquids always have and will be a challenge for me. Just because it's not in my nature to drink unless I get thirsty... which isn't the ideal situation, let me tell you that!

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
1 year, 8 months ago

I easily get more than 8 cups of liquid a day (most modern recommendations include coffee, milk, juice, etc.). Even excluding those, I probably drink close to 8 cups of just water/Crystal Light on its own. I have a big Nalgene and try to drink often, which isn't hard when I'm working out.

alictasia
elite
1 year, 8 months ago
Re: Re: Re: Staying Healthy - Drinking Liquids
MissXu posted:

To be honest, I barely get even 1 cup, but really that's my fault for not taking in enough liquids. At my best, I can maybe get 3 cups of liquids (and this can range from anything from coffee to tea) but lately I've been trying to get at least a cup of water a day. I'm telling you, I'm trying... but drinking enough liquids always have and will be a challenge for me. Just because it's not in my nature to drink unless I get thirsty... which isn't the ideal situation, let me tell you that!

Congrats for giving it a try. From the articles I've been reading lately, you might notice a difference in your skin when you increase your water intake. I think something goes on with my browser sometimes that makes my posts show up twice. Embarrassing ;)

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend