Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Coconut Oil- What do You Think?

Discussion

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
Coconut Oil- What do You Think?

What are your experiences with Coconut Oil for better moisturization of your skin?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

Sari
allstar
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Coconut Oil- What do You Think?

I have used coconut oil as a cleanser, moisturizer and as a hair treatment. It does take a bit to get used to it. The first time I used coconut oil as a moisturizer and hair treatment, I used too much and looked greasy. As a cleanser, it serves to remove eye makeup better than any remover on the market. You do want to used a second cleanser to remove excess oil, but your skin and especially eyes will love it. Try to purchase organic, since the others usually add too much fragrance and may irritate eyes.

taylor_saunders
1 year, 9 months ago

I have terrible dry skin, i used coconut oil as a facial moisturizer for a period of time, i loved the smell and how my face wasn't tight, but i found that is just sat on my face, maybe i was using to much? My mom also had said my skin looked blotchy and unhealthy..maybe i just had a bad batch but i really wish it had worked better on my skin!

glenncoco
insider
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Re: Coconut Oil- What do You Think?
Sari posted:

I have used coconut oil as a cleanser, moisturizer and as a hair treatment. It does take a bit to get used to it. The first time I used coconut oil as a moisturizer and hair treatment, I used too much and looked greasy. As a cleanser, it serves to remove eye makeup better than any remover on the market. You do want to used a second cleanser to remove excess oil, but your skin and especially eyes will love it. Try to purchase organic, since the others usually add too much fragrance and may irritate eyes.

I have heard amazing things about this and will be purchasing soon. Just a question how are you using it as a hair treatment? Are you using it on dry hair before the shower or wet hair?

shruti_sood
insider
1 year, 9 months ago

Its a perfect moisturizer for skin. Removes all the acne scars from the face. and is a good moisturizer for hair as well.

shruti_sood
insider
1 year, 9 months ago

Its a perfect moisturizer for skin. Removes all the acne scars from the face. and is a good moisturizer for hair as well.

shruti_sood
insider
1 year, 9 months ago

skincaretalks
1 year, 5 months ago

I use coconut oil as lotion. It’s your skin that needs to be all perfect and nice for an ageless beauty. Getting off those lines and wrinkles off your face and the aging spots too. By just adding a few drops of oil to the water in your bath tub and you will love your silky soft skin after bath.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend