Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Wedding eye shadow for blue eyes?

Discussion

caligirldotcom
insider
1 year, 9 months ago
Wedding eye shadow for blue eyes?

My sister in law is getting married this summer.  She asked me to help her with her wedding makeup look since I am the family makeup junkie.  Problem is I have brown eyes and have no idea what colors look good with blue.  I am taking her to Sephora in a couple weeks to try to figure a look out.  Please help if you have blue eyes and have a great color that really makes your eyes pop or even some advice on what colors I should be looking for.  Little more background, she is having a country style wedding (Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton inspired).  She wears a blueish silver eye shadow most of the time now, although I think I will  try to get her to try a different color.  Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

4 Replies

volta
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Wedding eye shadow for blue eyes?

Coppers and golds look stunning with blue eyes and really makes the blue color pop. She doesn't have to paint the entire lid gold to have that effect, she can use a subtle gold highlighter on her brow bone or on the inner corners and that will look lovely, but still subtle for a wedding. I LOVE Anastasia Brow Duality in Lace/Shell. One end is a matte brightener that can be used for any occasion, and the other end is a subtle gold highlighter--that's not glittery. I love that this is in a pencil form and can be blended easily with your fingers, so you can touch up with ease.

caligirldotcom
insider
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Re: Wedding eye shadow for blue eyes?
volta posted:

Coppers and golds look stunning with blue eyes and really makes the blue color pop. She doesn't have to paint the entire lid gold to have that effect, she can use a subtle gold highlighter on her brow bone or on the inner corners and that will look lovely, but still subtle for a wedding. I LOVE Anastasia Brow Duality in Lace/Shell. One end is a matte brightener that can be used for any occasion, and the other end is a subtle gold highlighter--that's not glittery. I love that this is in a pencil form and can be blended easily with your fingers, so you can touch up with ease.

Thank you so much for your help. I think a bronze or copper would look great! It would really contrast blue eyes. I love Anastasia's line and will have to look into that brightener.

MrsFrosty226
insider
11 months, 3 weeks ago
Re: Wedding eye shadow for blue eyes?

I have blue eyes and the colors that really help my eyes stand out are brown/bronze, blues, and pinks. Although you have to be careful with blues and pinks so the look is still elegant and subtle. For my wedding I did a light pink subtle smokey eye. The key is to go easy on the bottom lash eyeliner, with dark emphasis in the outer corners to get as much light in those baby blues as possible. good luck!

LJMullaney
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Re: Re: Wedding eye shadow for blue eyes?
MrsFrosty226 posted:

I have blue eyes and the colors that really help my eyes stand out are brown/bronze, blues, and pinks. Although you have to be careful with blues and pinks so the look is still elegant and subtle. For my wedding I did a light pink subtle smokey eye. The key is to go easy on the bottom lash eyeliner, with dark emphasis in the outer corners to get as much light in those baby blues as possible. good luck!

I agree coppery and subtle peach or pink tones will make blue eyes pop. Be careful of anything too blue or purple for photogrpahed events, they don't always translate well in a photo.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend