Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » I have to buy you a gift??

Discussion

Sarah208
insider
1 year, 9 months ago
I have to buy you a gift??

Anyone else have family that you never see until they have an “event” which requires you to buy them a gift? My second cousin is getting married and having a bridal shower. I have not seen or spoken this girl since her high school graduation party 7 years ago, where she threw a temper tantrum because her parents wouldn’t let her leave with her friends (so she went inside and wouldn’t come out, not that she was interacting with anyone other than her friends anyways. Anyone who talked to her got a short answer- where are you going to school? Columbus. Where in Columbus? There are several schools in Columbus.) She doesn’t come to anything- general get-together’s, weddings, showers, funerals. Her parents (who are at everything) always say she had “other plans”. I’ll go because I enjoy seeing the extended family, but it annoys me to spend my hard earned money (twice. Shower and wedding) on someone who, I pretty much, don’t know. What is everyone else’s feeling on this? BTW- Nothing on the bridal registry is less than $50.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

toddfan
allstar
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: I have to buy you a gift??

If you go a small gift would suffice. Don't you hate it when people only contact you when they want something?

ladyboarder9669
elite
1 year, 9 months ago

lol my family TOTALLY does this too! I feel for you! I would get her something small too.. I can't believe she doesn't have anything less than $50 on her registry! I would just give her a small gift card...

MissXu
elite
1 year, 7 months ago

Yeah, just think of as going to see people you might actually want to see. And it's an excuse to dress up and have some good food.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend