Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » Combination Skin with lots of freckles

Discussion

photomom83
1 year, 9 months ago
Combination Skin with lots of freckles

So, for the majority of my life, i've had alligator skin and now it's onto my face. No matter how humid it is, it's still dry. So dry that no matter what moisturizer or SPF I use, it's just as bad and worse when I wear coverage, it' just flakes off all the makeup or creases. It's like my skin isn't absorbing anything. Plus, My diet consists of coffee, tea, water or juice. I drink water every day! I can't seem to find the perfect moisturizer for my face. :( 

I have a ton of freckles and I'm noticing I'm getting more than usual. Must be pigments gone wrong? 

Does anyone here have fair (tend to burn skin), with freckles and severely dry skin that flakes no matter what? What to do?! 

Thanks!!

Note: I've used Garnier moisture rescue and spf cream, Olay total effects, olay regenerist, aveda tourmaline. I have used the following facial washes too: 

Dr. Lewwin, hydra balance, olay regenerist, olay total effects

Plus, I only wear makeup on special occasions or at work. 

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

beautyalchemist
BLOGGER
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Combination Skin with lots of freckles

Hi, while I don't have the type of skin you do, I can hopefully rec some highly moisturizing products that might help. And while drugstore brands make some great products, I think you'll need to go more high end if you can. Try Kiehl's Rosa Arctica cream, this is super emoillient but gentle on skin , Clarins Vital Light( this one is very pricey but a great product) or Clinique Moisture Surge. Good luck.

skinpro828
1 year, 9 months ago

I would try a serum or face oil - maximize the amount of good moisture and nutrients that your skin is receiving. Plus you should find a product that inhibits hyper pigmentation and improves collagen strength. Check out Rescues Wounded Skin Serum by De La Terre Skincare. http://www.delaterreskincare.com/skin-condition/damaged-skin. The price point on this product is higher than drugstore brands, but the quality is unparalleled. The staff at this company are very helpful, so you can always call or email for more information.

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 6 months ago

Oh, yes........I have your skin type and tone.....sigh. First, it sounds like you may need to eat more foods with good, natural oils like olive oil and fish. This helped me greatly. Also, I recommend gentle exfoliation regularly. I use the Olay ProX face brush with a gentle foaming cleanser (Avenno's Ultra Calming) every night. Once the dead dry flakes are off your face, the moisturizing products you use will be more effective since they can get to the new skin underneath. I agree that maybe a serum or face oil may work well for you. If you have a Whole Foods store near you, go into their beauty area and check out the natural face oils they sell. they carry several brands that make skin oils for our type and are all around $15-$20 a bottle, including argan oil. I would also recommend wearing a tinted moisturizer daily, with SPF, to protect your skin from the environment and add extra moisture. Boots #7 and Sonia Kashuk make great, reasonbly priced ones that have shades fair enough for us.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend