Home » Community » Message Boards » Hair Help » Curly Hair

Discussion

MissXu
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
Curly Hair

I'm not sure if anyone else here is in the same boat as me, but I had my hair permanently straighten, and as much as I love my straight hair, I do like a change from time to time. I do have a curling iron, but my curls are very lifeless, and the best I can get are very straight waves. Recently, I've also tried those leave-in no-heat curlers in wet hair, and got semi-decent results. In fact, my profile picture was from when I tried this method. 

Are there any tips or secrets of the curling hair trade those with experience may be able to provide and help me with? 

I'm far from permanently turning my hair from straight to curly, but I just like some tips for temporary, maybe for a special event or a random day that I'd just like my hair to be curled! Thanks!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

yestfl
elite
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Curly Hair

I have the same issue. Finally I just gave up and decided to be happy with my semi-straight hair. Funny, how it's easier to make it straight than to make it curly, when we have naturally curly hair.

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 6 months ago
Re: Curly Hair

The chemical process for permanently straightening your hair is working against you attemtping to put curls back into it. You might want to not do the permanent straightening and instead try something like the John Freida 3 day straight and that will allow you go back and forth as you want.

Sonflower
insider
1 year, 5 months ago
Re: Re: Curly Hair
jenn8779 posted:

The chemical process for permanently straightening your hair is working against you attemtping to put curls back into it. You might want to not do the permanent straightening and instead try something like the John Freida 3 day straight and that will allow you go back and forth as you want.

Hey I had never heard of John Frieda 3 day straight. Sooooo glad you said something. I just ordered it on amazon & will give it a try. Thanks!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend