Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Thoughts on the new community?

Discussion

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
1 year, 10 months ago
Thoughts on the new community?

Are you guys having a better experience here in the community since our recent update? Thanks for sticking with us as we work out the kinks! Soon we'll be bringing back the features you know and love (formatting, photos, videos -- oh my!) so hang in there on those... but are there any other features or tools you'd love to see us add here? Let me know!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

14 Replies

alictasia
elite
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Thoughts on the new community?

I think the new features make the site much easier to search for information about products. I especially like the new way we can search our reviews and the reviews of other members. Is there any way we can search for top products? I noticed while I was clicking around that a product like the Mac liner (I don't have the name 100%) had almost 200 reviews. I am interested in checking out products that have been vested by that many TB members! There was also a feature that used to be on the front page that had top currently reviewed products. This might have morphed to the screen on the right with the "current comments". I thought that the product focus was more interesting. Congrats on your new and IMPROVED site!!!

yestfl
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

I love it! I think this is so much more user friendly and interactive. I love that you can vote up or down a comment, the little pop-out window when posting something in the message boards. Good job!!

VV001
allstar
1 year, 10 months ago

Is there currently a way to see all of your message boards posts from your profile (similar to how there's now a link to view all of your product reviews)? Maybe it exists and I just didn't see it, but if not, I would love that :)

totaljohn1
insider
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Re: Thoughts on the new community?
alictasia posted:

I think the new features make the site much easier to search for information about products. I especially like the new way we can search our reviews and the reviews of other members. Is there any way we can search for top products? I noticed while I was clicking around that a product like the Mac liner (I don't have the name 100%) had almost 200 reviews. I am interested in checking out products that have been vested by that many TB members! There was also a feature that used to be on the front page that had top currently reviewed products. This might have morphed to the screen on the right with the "current comments". I thought that the product focus was more interesting. Congrats on your new and IMPROVED site!!!

Hey alictasia - You can see products with the highest ratings and most user reviews by clicking the reviews tab: http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews We're working to feature highly rated products that also have a high number of reviews at the top of the list. If you click on a product category you will see the top rated products that also have a strong number of reviews, here is the page for Eye Liner, I think this was the product you mentioned at the top of the list? : http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/makeup/eyeliner

Supernaturalfan
insider
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Re: I know it's a work in progress, but.....
CaroleVonAllten posted:

I love the new Community. It is easier to navigate, and you can find yours and other's reviews, the most recent blogs, and your blogs. WORD OF CAUTION ABOUT BLOGS. I just typed a blog for 30 minutes, and the TB site crashed, but it published my blog as-is. I was not able to proof-read my blog, but, thank heavens the site published everything I had typed. What I just did was a word document, and cut and paste for safety of my blog, and so I don't look stupid and can't spell.

I haven't been on here in a month, as I mainly just come on here to write/read views and for the message boards. I notice that my status or rank is "NEWBIE" I was an "INSIDER", not a Newbie!!! I joined in 2008. Also, what on happened to my friends on my home page???? And how will I know if I get new replies to any discussions I posted? That whole section is gone!!! I think the message boards ARE easier to read, with the contrasting background and bolder font. But I don't see why it's necessary to add a "+/- vote" for someone's post. A plus is fine I guess, but why embarrass someone with a bunch of negative votes on her posts??!! I know you can't see who voted that way, but really? The boards were my favorite part, but now that I know I can get a bunch of thumbs down, I don't know if I want to post. I noticed on some old discussions in this forum (6 months or older), the member's name and avatar is missing. You don't know who posted that suggestion. I see this on one of mine. What is going on?

volta
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

Definitely prettier. As you mentioned, the kinks were the only thing that I noticed, but that's basically the only thing. It can only get better. =D

yestfl
elite
1 year, 9 months ago

Another thing I forgot to mention, now that the community is more interactive, it's easier to talk to other members, how does every one feel about notifications under the home tab? I mean, how do we know when someone replies to our blog post, or leaves a comment? I know we get email notifications but sometimes I don't check them.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 9 months ago

I love the new Community. It is easier to navigate, and you can find yours and other's reviews, the most recent blogs, and your blogs. WORD OF CAUTION ABOUT BLOGS. I just typed a blog for 30 minutes, and the TB site crashed, but it published my blog as-is. I was not able to proof-read my blog, but, thank heavens the site published everything I had typed. What I just did was a word document, and cut and paste for safety of my blog, and so I don't look stupid and can't spell.

Supernaturalfan
insider
1 year, 9 months ago

I haven't been on here in a month, as I mainly just come on here to write/read views and for the message boards. I notice that my status or rank is "NEWBIE" I was an "INSIDER", not a Newbie!!! I joined in 2008. Also, what on happened to my friends on my home page???? And how will I know if I get new replies to any discussions I posted? That whole section is gone!!! I think the message boards ARE easier to read, with the contrasting background and bolder font. But I don't see why it's necessary to add a "+/- vote" for someone's post. A plus is fine I guess, but why embarrass someone with a bunch of negative votes on her posts??!! I know you can't see who voted that way, but really? The boards were my favorite part, but now that I know I can get a bunch of thumbs down, I don't know if I want to post I noticed on some old discussions in this forum (6 months or older), the member's name and avatar is missing. You don't know who posted that suggestion. I see this on one of mine. I am reposting this cause it appeared under someone else's post. Also, it didn't show up as the most recent activity in the forum. Someone who posted one day ago does. Also, I can't edit my post like I used to be able to. Are you bringing that back? What is going on?

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
1 year, 9 months ago
Re: Re: Thoughts on the new community?
Supernaturalfan posted:

I haven't been on here in a month, as I mainly just come on here to write/read views and for the message boards. I notice that my status or rank is "NEWBIE" I was an "INSIDER", not a Newbie!!! I joined in 2008. Also, what on happened to my friends on my home page???? And how will I know if I get new replies to any discussions I posted? That whole section is gone!!! I think the message boards ARE easier to read, with the contrasting background and bolder font. But I don't see why it's necessary to add a "+/- vote" for someone's post. A plus is fine I guess, but why embarrass someone with a bunch of negative votes on her posts??!! I know you can't see who voted that way, but really? The boards were my favorite part, but now that I know I can get a bunch of thumbs down, I don't know if I want to post I noticed on some old discussions in this forum (6 months or older), the member's name and avatar is missing. You don't know who posted that suggestion. I see this on one of mine. I am reposting this cause it appeared under someone else's post. Also, it didn't show up as the most recent activity in the forum. Someone who posted one day ago does. Also, I can't edit my post like I used to be able to. Are you bringing that back? What is going on?

Hey Supernaturalfan! Thanks for all this great feedback. We're still in the early stages so we're working hard to correct all the glitches (like that pesky newbie label that keeps showing up for those of use who are definitely not newbies) and other items. I hear you on the +/- ... please know we are going to be making lots of changes soon to make sure you're having the best experience possible. Do you use other community sites that you really like? I'd love to know what you (and everyone) see on other sites that you wish Total Beauty would do. Or, what are you NOT seeing elsewhere that you wish we had? Feel free to post any and all your ideas and suggestions about site and community tools and features. Maybe we'll use yours!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend