Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Farewell Totalbeauty!

Discussion

Farewell Totalbeauty!

I'm getting really sick of the insane amount of ads on this site, the crazy glitches, and the members of Totalbeauty totally ignoring the users and not answering questions. I can't stand to be on this site any more, therefore I'm leaving. My account will still be up and I will still see new comments and messages, since this account is connected to my email. I will still log on once in a blue moon to see if anyone has commented or asked me something, but other than that I'm done.

Totalbeauty has turned into a money hungry, pathetic place filled with ads and I'm not standing for it. I've just joined MakeupBee and I already love it so much more. You can do the same type of things by reviewing items but you can also showcase the makeup and nail looks that you do. The best part? It's not filled with ANY glitches and not many ads.

Farewell Totalbeauty!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

MissXu
elite
1 year, 10 months ago
Shame to See you Go

Farewell Aly! As a member of totalbeauty, I feel your pain! I'm still hoping the glitches will be fixed soon. Things like this takes time, just a matter of whether or not someone is actually working to fix them. 

I think members have made it clear what the glitches are. Let's hope for our sake that the glitches are fixed soon. 

Supernaturalfan
insider
1 year, 10 months ago
I agree

I never have gotten any e-mails on how to improve the site.  I have posted in this forum quite a bit, but lately haven't gotten any responses, so I don't even know if TB is reading them.  SOMEBODY is viewing my ideas or complaints, since I see it has hundreds or thousands of views.  My e-mail has been the same since I joined in 2008.  I get e-mails on stuff I don't need notification on though, like friend requests.  I'll see this when I log in next time anyway.  Plus, many of my "friends" seem to have abandoned the site.  They haven't been here in months or posted at all.

Like you Aly, I will log on once in awhile, to see if anything is better.  Heck, I just logged in a minute ago, and it kicked me out.  I had to log in again, and at first "My Home" didn't appear, even though I was logged in.

I too still get e-mails on any new comments on my profile.  But unless I log in, I won't know about new replies to discussions...

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 7 months ago
Re: Farewell Totalbeauty!

I too have become extremely disappointed with TotalBeauty lately. Not only are the pop ads annoying but the site is always sadly outdated to new products. Currently, I don't think the "My Beauty Life" section has been updated in weeks...is it even valid any more?! I mean everyone wants the latest and greatest info on the Fall 2012 products and they still show summer related items. Plus, articles seem to be more ads or, are full of products that seem to be out of most folks price ranges, as per the comments. Makeup Alley is now my preferred site. I did receive an email about how to make the site better, however my security system blocked me when I clicked on the link to reply. I will continue to occasionally check in to the site, but until I see some major improvements, especially with updating new products and taking out discontinued ones, I'm not making this my first stop any more.

KimTB
1 year, 7 months ago
Re: Re: Farewell Totalbeauty!
jenn8779 posted:

I too have become extremely disappointed with TotalBeauty lately. Not only are the pop ads annoying but the site is always sadly outdated to new products. Currently, I don't think the "My Beauty Life" section has been updated in weeks...is it even valid any more?! I mean everyone wants the latest and greatest info on the Fall 2012 products and they still show summer related items. Plus, articles seem to be more ads or, are full of products that seem to be out of most folks price ranges, as per the comments. Makeup Alley is now my preferred site. I did receive an email about how to make the site better, however my security system blocked me when I clicked on the link to reply. I will continue to occasionally check in to the site, but until I see some major improvements, especially with updating new products and taking out discontinued ones, I'm not making this my first stop any more.

Hi Jenn! Sorry to hear we're not your first stop any more. I'll have someone get in touch with you to discuss how to make your experience on the site better!

MaryTB
COMMUNITY MANAGER
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Aly

Hi Aly-

So bummed to hear you're thinking of leaving the site! Have you received our emails about the ways we are working to improve the site, and how we want our elites to help us in the process? I haven't heard back from you regarding those changes or your elite member gift this month. Please email me at mdolan@totalbeauty.com so I can make sure I have your correct email address on file and so I can assist you further.

Thanks!

aly7
elite
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Farewell Totalbeauty!

Hi Mary! I'm totally up to seeing what you guys have in store, and if you can get rid of some of the glitches, I'm down for it! I just emailed you back, sorry I didn't see it sooner that's my old email address !

-Aly

alictasia
elite
1 year, 10 months ago
pop-ups, ugh!

Aly, hope everything works out so you can return...best of luck!

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 6 months ago
Re: Re: Re: Farewell Totalbeauty!
KimTB posted:

Hi Jenn! Sorry to hear we're not your first stop any more. I'll have someone get in touch with you to discuss how to make your experience on the site better!

Kim- thanks for trying for me. I came on to the site today and see a TON of recycled articles and quizzes on the Beauty Advice section. Its these types of things that get us discouraged. We're all looking for newer content and also current trend recommendations showing newer products but also ones that the every day "Jill" can afford. The "10 Best Natural Buys at The Drug Store" is at least a year old and the quiz " does your foundation suck?" is also at least that old. The real issue is not these subjects but that the products recommended are many times outdated or may have been discontinued. It would be VERY helpful if the artilces and/or quizzes had dates on them. Or, and here's a novel idea, maybe the artilces and quizzes could be updated with current time frame products.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend