Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Just received my Total Beauty Collection - disappointed...

Discussion

Just received my Total Beauty Collection - disappointed...

All the photos displayed of the new Total Beauty Collection showed 5 deluxe samples.  I thought that was a decent deal for $15. 

I received my package today.  There were only 3 deluxe samples & a $15 Pevonia gift card.  I understand the gift card "covers" the cost  of the Collection, but the point is that I want to TRY products before I buy them (and I'm not a huge fan of Pevonia either).

So....  very disappointed & probably won't be purchasing another one.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

19 Replies

AmyRF914
1 year, 11 months ago
Also EXTREMELLY disappointed

I needed to chime in also to state my disappointment.  The gift card can hardly be counted as a deluxe sample.  It is just a marketing attempt to get us to spend money.  It barely covers the cost of shipping and is useless.  So, before even evaluating the 3 (not 4 or 5) items, I feel ripped off. 

I'm also joining the group that won't buy another one.

jenn8779
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
This is Why I Didn't Sign Up....Just Knew It'd Be a Disappointment

Because this offer just sounded way too good to be true, I didn't sign up.  I would have been truly angry to get stuck with a gift card instead of a product.  Also, I agree with the other posters who say they don't believe in paying for samples.  I agree....if a company wants me to buy a full size of their products, then they can give me a free sample to try.

TBjunkie
elite
1 year, 11 months ago
Suprised to hear...

the disappointment in the collection. I didn't order one and will think twice when the next one comes around.

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
Re: Just received my Total Beauty Collection - disappointed...

This was so beyond disappointing. Adding my comments again because so sade about this.  I feel very taken advantage of and may just boycott this site all together (still pondering this). What seeemed to be something wonderful was actually a money making ploy. And notice no one from the site has commented.  UGH

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago

Thank you for addressing our concerns. The free shipping and pay as wanted service is definitely a great thing. Also, I agree that the samples were deluxe size and not normally free.  I may consider repurchasing since you've said there will be five deluxe samples this time.  I don't think I've received any special offers from the brands included although I was sadly not really happy with any of the items and would likely never purchase them. But that's what sampling is for.  Thanks again for acknowledging us.

keljo444
1 year, 11 months ago
Disappointed as well...

I opened the really nice box and went "what a bunch of crap" ( just being honest).  I was so disappointed I would have rather had a plain brown box and with some nice stuff in it.   I was really looking forward to getting it and it was a major disappointment. Even if there had been some tiny samples in with it it may have helped it look better for my $15.  

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago

You're so right. I was looking and looking through the box thinking I missed something.  Decided against getting another one even though I considered it. Stinks because love the idea.

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 10 months ago

Decided to order another and give it another try. Will defintiely post a review especially if I like the box!

LittleBunny
elite
1 year, 11 months ago

Ladies, thank you so much for the very candid feedback! I wasn't sure if I wanted to purcase the collection or not, so I really appreciate y'all chiming in about your experiences!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend