Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Foundation For Aging Skin

Discussion

Foundation For Aging Skin

I'm 43 and beginning to see some fine lines and wrinkles appear.  My skin is dry but, I have adult acne that is treated through my dermatolgist.  I don't want a heavy coverage which seems to make my dry skin and fines more noticable but, need something enough to cover my uneven skin.  I started looking at foundations for aging skin but, haven't really found anything under $100.  I thought about trying Bobbi Brown, any suggestions?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

7 Replies

smoothsailing
insider
1 year, 11 months ago
Foundation for Aging Skin

I have taken care of my skin most of my life but alas, aging will not be denied.  I have tried

a lot of foundatons in the last few years and none of them have really made my skin look

better except for one that I just tried this week (I got a sample at the Clinique counter).  It is

Stay Matte (Clinique) and when I use a primer (I use L'Oreal) under it the makeup stays fresh

all day-I couldn't believe it!  It is hot and humid where I live and I love to walk and this

foundation will stay even through a three mile fast walk.  I will definitely buy the full size of

this after I have used up the sample.  I think any Clinique counter will give you a sample.

ksweetser
1 year, 11 months ago
Re: Foundation For Aging Skin

I will definatly go check out both the Clinque & Clarins.  I figure it doesn't hurt to try different products & then stick with what works.  I just started using primer & couldn't believe the difference it makes.  Thank you for your responses!

volta
elite
1 year, 11 months ago

Lorac Breakthrough Performance Foundation (available at Sephora) offers light-to-medium coverage, is oil-free, has spf 14, but also offers "pre-aging, anti-aging, hydrating, and smoothing" benefits, as well as anti-oxidants. 

Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation offers medium coverage, is oil-free, offers UVA *and* UVB protection with spf 15, Vitamin C to brighten skin/fight free radicals which damage collagen and elastin cells/aids the growith of those cells, Ribose which enenrgizes and rejuvenates cells (Ribose is essential to providing energy to DNA as well). This also hydrates your skin throughout the day. There are also more shade options. 

Those are just a couple I can think of on the top of my head, I'm sure there are a lot more options. However, those are definitely more cost-friendly than what other brands may offer. 

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 11 months ago
Foundation for Aging Skin

My routine for aging skin 1. Apply anti aging cream by Kiehl's 2. Apply Too Faced Beauty Balm 3. Apply Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow liquid foundation by Benefit 4. Apply Benefit Erase Paste with a small flat brush to wrinkles and blend, blend blend, but so it does not rub off. I apply the concealer in the direction of the wrinkle. And, blend with the brush. End up with perfectly smooth skin.

Supernaturalfan
insider
1 year, 11 months ago

Olay used to make something called Color-Recapture.  It was from their Definity line, which, sadly to me has been discontinued.  I'm sure it is available online still.  I was lucky enough to get the last bottle at Rite Aid a couple of weeks ago.

It is not a foundation, but a tinted moisturizer.  I'm 50 years old and have dry skin also.  I love this stuff cause it evened out my skin tone & covered my brown spots enough that I don't scare people!  It also has some moisturizing qualities to it.  It was/is around $30, but worth it.  I got it for $21 since it was a discontinued item.  I use the Light to Medium shade.  It also brightened my skin a bit, and this is the minimum I will wear before going out in public.

ksweetser
1 year, 11 months ago

Thank you!  Those will give me a place to start.  I hate shopping so I will get online & order the Smashbox (which I think I have heard of before) & some of the creams.  I wish I had taken more time with my skin when I was younger.  I will post my results for others.  Thank you again!

mum21
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
I am 43 Also

and have been noticing challenges with my skin.  My routine is working well and includes night products by Neostrata, day cream antiage with SPF.  I then use primer by ROC which is antiaging skincare and primer together, skin feels soft and smooth as ever.  Wait for a bit then use Clarins foundation, around $50  I think.  I dot it on and have found a sponge that is more effective than brush.  It is double sided and I use the grey side called Quo Combination sponge.  Dark side I use to blend is Rubicell described as the latest in micro cell technology and provides a flawless silky smooth finish.  It really does do that  very quickly and easily. I love it only cost $4-5 and I got it at Shoppers Drugmart, a real find.  Anyway then I use erase paste or a clarins concealer and apply with brush and blen very well, skin looks great.  I carry a product in my purse called Instant light skin perfector and apply under the eyes or over any lines areas that need it mid day.  I forgot to mention that I also use another product from the Instant Light Clarins line called complexion perfector either alone or mixed with foundation.

Seems like a lot but only takes a few minutes and I picked up tips here and ther and found what worked.  MORE magazine for women over 40 has lots of great tips

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend