Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Dealing with dry skin

Discussion

Dealing with dry skin

I have dry skin and dark circles. I am just 25 have started with cleansing, tonning and moisturizing. Do not find any improvement rather dry skin patches on the skin. I want to know that should I contine with CTM or not.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

shruti_sood
insider
1 year, 11 months ago
Re: Dealing with dry skin

I am using am Amway products. There is a bit difference but my skin is becoming dry. Should I continue with or not?

judith_flohr_carlisle
1 year, 11 months ago
Dealing with dry skin

There is a great cleanser on the market that will not dry out your skin or strip the oils.  It is CeRaVe Hydrating Cleanser, and can be found most anywhere.  You might also consider fragrance free products. Fragrance can really be bad if you have sensitive skin.  Skip the toner for sure.  Good luck!

skinpro828
1 year, 11 months ago
Herb RIch Serum to the rescue

At your age, all your skin really needs is moisture and nutrients to be healthy and vital on it's own. You're probably just doing too much - too much cleansing, too much toning and even too much "moisturizing" without actually giving the skin the nutrients and support it needs to be healthy on its own. 

In our skin system you would use Supports Healthy Skin Care system - if you're willing to go 100% pure, organic botanicals than this is the best line for you.  No harsh synthetics that will dry out your skin.  Only the highest quality ingredients that assist the skin being healthy. 

The first time I used this system, especially the Herb Rich Serum, I woke the next morning with a completely revitalized complexion - it was incredible!

http://www.delaterreskincare.com/skin-condition/devitalized-skin

volta
elite
1 year, 11 months ago

You can probably skip the toning. That part usually dries out skin really bad and is likely what's giving you your problems. 

What kind of cleanser are you using? Although the toning is likely the culprit, the type of cleanser you're using may have a hand in it as well (especially if it has active ingredients). 

Moisturizing is a must, but it's important to use a good moisturizer that's catered to your skin. Which are you using?

volta
elite
1 year, 11 months ago

I would start in baby steps and supplement your regimen with a night cream (if you don't already use one, or in place of the same cream you use in the morning) which is typically a bit thicker and more hydrating. One of my favorites (for my skin) is Night of Olay Firming Night cream. The way my skin works is if I use too thick of a cream, it clogs my pores and breaks me out, but I like the NoO Firming Cream because it's one of the few that hasn't caused me to break out. 

As with dark circles, look at your parents. Do one or both of them also have dark circles. Many times, dark circles can be hereditary and there isn't much you can do but to brighten up the area a little bit with an eye cream.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend