Home » Community » Message Boards » » Are guys bothered by lip gloss/lipstick when kissing girls?

Discussion

Are guys bothered by lip gloss/lipstick when kissing girls?

I always wondered if it ever bothered a guy when kissing their girlfriend/wife and they happen to be wearing a horrendous tasting lip gloss or lipstick??? 

From my point of view, I usually like to wear lip gloss that's not too sticky and would taste good going in for a good kiss.  In case you're wondering, I like to wear lip gloss that taste like peppermint, vanilla, or strawberry.

I'm just curious of what is the guy's point of view when it comes to the lip products that we wear.

Would you prefer that we wear a sticky lip gloss? Wet lip gloss?  Red lipstick?

All point of views appreciated!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

donnyb
1 year, 11 months ago
too sticky lips ?

I like bold and glossy lipstick colors.  I prefer red to pink but that depends on your complextion.  In my experience, too sticky has never been a deal breaker. 

ModernManKy
1 year, 10 months ago
RE: Are guys bothered by lip gloss/lipstick when kissing girls?

Stickiness is the worst. It reminds a lot of guys of being kissed by their moms or grandmas when the guys were little kids, and that is not a sexy thought. (At least, I hope no guy thinks that's a sexy thought.) But if a guy gets a little lip gloss on his face when he kisses you, he's not going to care. After all, he just got to kiss you.

In fact, if a guy wants to kiss you, he also wants to taste you, not strawberry flavoring. It's not the end of the world if you wear a flavored lip gloss, but don't feel the need to do it for his sake.

This is actually what we told guys they should do in order to become better kissers. We hope we got it right.

Thanks for the question!

—Ky from ModernMan.com

Cheryl5752
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
Man on board!

So great to have a man's point of view in this discussion. And he's right. It has been my experience in life that if you have your act going well and are hitting on all cylinders, a guy could care less what's on your lips!!!

darkangel81
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
Re: Are guys bothered by lip gloss/lipstick when kissing girls?

Yeah I usually wear Chapstick for flavored lip balm most of the time so it wouldn't be too sticky or wet on their end but I enjoy a flavored lip gloss.

Funny enough, I dated a guy who seemed to enjoy a certain lip gloss that I would wear.  It was the C.O. Bigelow peppermint lip gloss.  If you never tried it, they are awesome!!!  They have real peppermint extract so it's strong, kinda like toothpaste.  But you wear it and it's like you just finished brushing your teeth.  They have peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, vanilla, and lemon flavored.  For instance, after our first kiss, he started smacking and licking his lips and was like "Hmm...".  Too bad "we" didn't last that long, and even though he never said it, it was obvious he liked the way the gloss tasted, hahaha.

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
Re: Are guys bothered by lip gloss/lipstick when kissing girls?

Some don't like it but that's mostly if sticky. They usually like when it's tasty or soft.

hairgenius10
insider
1 year, 11 months ago
Yes!

Yes, I think most men are a little bothered by lipwear of any kind.  I alays put on my chapstick after we go to bed because I know he's going to be wiping it off with the arm of his shirt!  I used to wear gloss and stuff like that when we were first dating but now I know that he doesn't really care either way.  So, I just leave it as a work or getting dressed up thing!

I'm guessing they don't like sticky gloss eitherWink

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend