Home » Community » Message Boards » Skin Central » What Kind Of Body Lotion?

Discussion

What Kind Of Body Lotion?

It seems as though I have tried every body lotion out there.  I work out at the end of the day and when I sweat the lotion seems to melt I feel greasy.  In the morning I put on lotion after my shower so I would think it would have soaked in by the end of the day.

Any ideas of a good body lotion or oil that will help this problem?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

6 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 11 months ago
Body Lotion

There is a huge difference between Body Lotion and Body Butter.  Body Lotion is thin and doesn't absorb into the skin well.  Body Butter is a really rich cream, filled with emollients.  Body butter is quickly absorbed.  I recommend any of the Bath and Body Shop Body Butters or Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in Brazil Nut.  They're both available at ULTA in-store or on-line.

Hope this helps.

Carole VonAlten

shruti_sood
insider
1 year, 11 months ago
Re: What Kind Of Body Lotion?

I have dry skin and so I apply Body lotion in the morning and at night I apply coconut oil on my legs. This is the best remedy for dry skin and doesn't even give the greay feeling.

catalinahx
insider
1 year, 11 months ago

Curel Fragrance Free. I have the one with the scent as well and it's not as good. I used the fragrance free when I got my tattoos and it works very very well. Ever since I got my tats 2 years ago I've always had the Curel lotion around in some form or fashion. Since it has no scent, you don't have to worry about mixing too many of them together. :D Also, C. Booth has some lovely Body Butters i adore, if you're wanting something that smells nice. I rarely notice if anything lasts longer than 10+ mins out of the shower, and Booth's products usually lasts 2/3 hours sometimes half the day!

pammys
BLOGGER
1 year, 10 months ago

Right now I am having great luck with Vaseline's Total Moisture lotoin (it is totally non-greasy).

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Body Lotion
CaroleVonAllten posted:

There is a huge difference between Body Lotion and Body Butter.  Body Lotion is thin and doesn't absorb into the skin well.  Body Butter is a really rich cream, filled with emollients.  Body butter is quickly absorbed.  I recommend any of the Bath and Body Shop Body Butters or Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in Brazil Nut.  They're both available at ULTA in-store or on-line.

Hope this helps.

Carole VonAlten

I agree--body butter can definitely help (although depending on the brand, it can sometimes be greasy). I loooove 100% Pure Coconut body lotion. It smells great, and I feel like it absorbs well (no slimy, slippery skin later on).

VV001
allstar
1 year, 10 months ago

I totally agree about body butter if you just can't seem to get enough moisture. It's like using lotion, but more condensed. If you really love the feel of lotion though, the Olay Quench line is pretty fantastic. It's so moisturizing and it comes in light, pleasant scents. Now if only Olay made a Quench Body Butter...

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend