Home » Community » Message Boards » Ask an Expert » Huge pores, dull skin

Discussion

Huge pores, dull skin

Hi everyone. I have a few skin issues that I need advice on. The pores around my nose and in my chin are huge. Really huge. Do any of you have a tip on how to make them smaller? Is there a good product out there to help this? In addition to that my skin is kind of dull. Like there is a grayish veil over it. Do you know any good treatments to make skin more glowing? I have a dry combination skin that is very fair but not overly sensitive with very little to no blenishes. I am thankful for any kind of advice.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

3 Replies

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 11 months ago
Huge pores, Dull Skin

I have found that using Pore-fessional by Benefit is a really good primer/pore decreaser.  Also, Using Philosophy Micro Dermabrasion is a really good exfolient, which will remove the top dead layer of skin.  It can actually be used daily.  Your skin will look radiant.

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: Huge pores, Dull Skin
CaroleVonAllten posted:

I have found that using Pore-fessional by Benefit is a really good primer/pore decreaser.  Also, Using Philosophy Micro Dermabrasion is a really good exfolient, which will remove the top dead layer of skin.  It can actually be used daily.  Your skin will look radiant.

You can't actually make pores smaller, but you can make them LOOK smaller. Pore-fessional is a good primer for doing that, since it's lightly tinted, and fills in pores. I think it's really pretty great stuff. I also use MAC Prep+Prime.

DonnaFay
insider
1 year, 11 months ago
Philosophy skin care

I had the same problem and decided to try the Philosophy's Miracle anti-aging skin care treatment. I'm over 40 and that worked well for me but they have a version for younger women with blemish problems. I tried the sample box with the 30 day supply that contained the cleanser, moisturizer and retinol pads. I was pleased with the results--my skin looked more even, brighter and smoother. I've been hooked on Philosophy since. Of course, it's all in the ingredients. I try to use skin creams that are paraben-free and less chemicals. Philosophy tends to be expensive so look for skin care creams that contain vitamin C, E, Reservatrol, grape seed, niacinimide and retinol. I had been using a retinol prescription prescribed by my doctor but it didn't work as well...I think it's the combination of retinol and Vitamin C and all the other ingredients combined that did the trick for me as well as exfoliating my skin once a week. Philosophy sells the Vitamin C booster that you can mix with any moisturizer. Good luck!

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend