Home » Community » Message Boards » Total Beauty Member Central » Elaborate on your reviews

Discussion

Elaborate on your reviews

Ladies, when you're leaving your reviews, elaborate. Don't just say, "I love it," or "it's awesome." Put some facts behind it, some experiences; what exactly is good or bad about the product. Sometimes if someone says something is bad, I still buy it to see if I have the same bad experiences. Or, if you say it's awesome and I am using a competing product, I want you to give me incentive to try something new. I love to experiment with beauty products. Help me out!

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

5 Replies

volta
elite
1 year, 11 months ago
Re: Elaborate on your reviews

But don't do what I do and write a novel. 

LittleBunny
elite
1 year, 11 months ago

I think that is a good tip. I especially like it when reviewers include what kind of skin or hair type they have, so you know how it reacted with them and whether it might be similar to yours. 

Supernaturalfan
insider
1 year, 11 months ago

I agree...though I can get carried away with my elaborations.  I love detail, and I often write long reviews.  But I haven't reviewed anything recently.

People earn points (I think) for writing reviews and shouldn't if they just write "I love it."  Yeah, THAT'S helpful.  WHAT do you love about it?

MissXu
elite
1 year, 11 months ago
It's a shame...

because those that don't elaborate probably wouldn't see this discussiona asking them to elaborate.

CaroleVonAllten
elite
1 year, 9 months ago

Really good discussions. I will be sure to add more pertinent information in my reviews.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend