Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Else » subscription services

Discussion

subscription services

what does everyone think of my glam and birchbox. I feel that sometimes it is good and others it just

plain stinks.

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

9 Replies

socialsum1234
2 years ago
subscription services

is there no interest in these services?

davia_gorman
insider
1 year, 12 months ago
Subscription SVCS

Hi There,

I have complied a list of quite a few of those subscription services and I have them posted on my blog

TheDAMLounge.blogspot.com  or http:youtube.com/TheDAMLounge (I am searchable on youtube) also you can feel free to email me @ SimplyDavia@Gmail.com If I took the time to list them all you might get a vitrual headache!

I have spent alot of time researching this..and alot of this can be a scam so please please becareful!

Best of Luck

Davia

@DaviaGThaHBIC

ladyboarder9669
elite
1 year, 12 months ago
I have yet to try any. I don't normally like monthly fees.

MissXu
elite
1 year, 12 months ago
Same Discussion Somewhere

I feel like another member asked about these subscriptions too. I'm not sure where that discussion is. 

My opinion: skipping it for now until I decide otherwise. 

yestfl
elite
1 year, 12 months ago
Re: subscription services

Too many to pick from! My Glam, Birchbox, Test Tube, VoxBox (though it's free), Fill-in-the-blank box (lol), Beauty Army, etc. I've seen reviews on blogs and YT and what I've seen hasn't drawn me completely to get one. So I'll stick with what I like.

socialsum1234
1 year, 12 months ago
subscription service.

I think there are two many to choose from but when i search comments on line I get mostly neg. or ok remarks. With that kind of feed back I will wait until a better service comes along

davia_gorman
insider
1 year, 12 months ago
Subscription SVCS I personal use and like!

Hi Gals,

So I can tell you the ones that I subscribe to and that I love (Promise)

I am a Julep Maven what this is a monthly Nail Subscription service you take a quick quiz a you get a style catagory like for example American Girl, It Girl, etc.. you can also change your box whenever you choose! You get 2-3 polishes and a mani or pedi treatment..you also can add additional nail colors and mani/pedi products as well! There are random gold boxes that get sent to random subscribers that have all the nail colors and treatment options for that month! There products are great and you do not have to worry about any mislabling or toxic chemical in their products! The JULEP MAVEN PROGRAM IS 19.99$ PER MONTH..Which I think you get more then your moneys worth!

*The also donate a portion of sales to a program that helps women who are trying to get back on their feet which I feel is a great way to give back! The customer service is A1! They personally callled me to let me know there was a problem and asked if there was anything they could do to help!!

If your interested in checking out this program click on my link below and if you decide to try it you get the First month for a penny..Just enter PENNY in the cupon code in billing!

http://julep.com/?r=19298863 

I am a member of the NewBeauty Test Tube Program its 29.99 and you get a tube once every three months! I was very pleasntly suprised! I got a ton of awesome products that retail for a ton! I also recieved a booklet that explaned in detail what each product was, how to use it properly, where to re-order it from and tips and hints for use! I felt comfortable when delving into each product! I also recieved a HUGE NewBeauty Mag.It covered a ton of products and also talked in great detail  about the best of the best doctors in the fields that are related to beauty! It also focused on how to find the right Dr..what to look for..what to ask! I am very pleased and will not every stop subscribing to this!

BeautyArmy

I am new to this one so I will have to get back to yall on that one

THIS PART BELOW TALKS ABOUT FREE SITES THAT ALLOW YOU TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT ANY COST AND YOU MAYBE CHOSEN TO TEST AND KEEP PRODUCTS!

Free sites to join and you may earn free products or discounts on products (I am personally suscribed to these)

VIP 24/7 SHOPPING no free to join Beautylish.. I review on this site often and they are now in the BETA TEST PHASE FOR A SHOPPING SERVICE its ZERO cost to join and its fun to be on a beta test for things you get alot of opportunites..so if your interested in looking at this heres my link..I can see who signs up and I am going to be sending one lucky person a swag bag with goodies

http://btyl.sh/JkhGzV

This is another Free site that is really Free and you get sent FREE FULL SIZED PRODUCTS TO TEST..all you do is complete the survey that comes with the product the more you do the MORE they send you! I had sooo much fun with this one! I have gotten Shampoo, Conditioner Chicken Stock and a Free Spoon and the things change! The company is called Smiley360 and here is my link and more info

I am ejoying smiley360.....love yall sooooo much! I just became a Smiley360 member! Sign-up for free at http://bit.ly/lTDqVw Be heard. Be happy.

Another Site That is FREE and you also get to review products that get send to you for FREE IS SheSpeaks! I love this site I got sent a FREE NEW AND IMPROVED DRYEL KIT with Additonal Spot Remover!  All I had to do was test the Kit and review it and I can tell you ladies I LOVED IT! I got to clean my expensive clothes for free..and they regularly send stuff according to your interest

I also participate in Bloom.com I was chosen to become a BLOOM AMBASSADOR..Which means I am now chosen to test and keep beauty products and I cannot say enough positve things about the program! I recently recieved the WINKS lases that come with the adhesive and a compact case to keep them in as well as entire tube of Lash food! I am going to film a how to apply false lashes today and you can check it out on my VLOG youtube.com/user/thedamlounge

I hope these things help and maybe give yall some options to check out for yourselves!

Happy Hunting

Davia

socialsum1234
1 year, 12 months ago
subscription services - Davia

That is all good info and worth checking into. thanks

darkangel81
allstar
1 year, 11 months ago
Inconsistent with the subscribers!!!

It really is hard to tell because MyGlam, Birchbox, etc., are not consistent when people are getting their items for the monthly prices.  Some people are getting full size products while others are strictly getting a bunch of samples. I feel bad because those subscribers are getting cheated out of the money they pay.

I personally think it's a great idea but not full-proof just yet.  I will hold off on that.

I think it would be cool if there was a service like that, but it would be DRUGSTORE items, and would cost like $5.00, where you get to try the newest items that hit drugstores every month.

I can only dream...Cool

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend