Home » Community » Message Boards » Everything Makeup » Fragrance Sampler

Discussion

Fragrance Sampler

I came across an idea that might have been briefly bought up as well, and that is Sephora Fragrance Sampler.

Here's how they work, you buy a fragrance sampler which comes with these adorable deluxe samples of top selling fragrances, and you can get one for him or her.Then you can try them out, and if you like, bring an included certificate to the store to get a full size version of the fragrance you love at NO extra cost.

So it's like getting a fragrance and being able to try other fragrances, but in reverse order. It's almost like going into the store and getting deluxe samples in the beautiful original design but just miniaturized.

Does that sound cool or what?

Sephora Collector's Edition Fragrance Sampler For Her

Have you guys bought a fragrance sampler before and does it offer the deal of getting a full-size bottle?

Does any other companies or stores also offer something similar to this?

Lastly, what else do you think could make this sweet deal even better?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

volta
elite
2 years ago
Re: Fragrance Sampler

Yeah, they're cute bottles and all, but usually only one or two are spray bottles--the rest are splash bottles which I'm not too keen on. 

Personally, I prefer the smaller fragrance sampler that costs $50. Nearly all the fragrances are in little atomizer sprays, plus you also get a refillable atomizer for free, in addition to the voucher for the free full size bottle. Also, you save money because you only pay $50, but the average cost for the sizes you can redeem are about $55-60. The sizes in the voucher that you choose from are usually the smaller sizes (1-1.7oz.), but I prefer the selection of fragrances in the smaller fragrance sampler set. 

With the larger dexluxe set ($75), you do get to receive a larger size bottle, but those are still cheaper than what you pay for the $75; the extra cost is because you're paying for the mini collectable bottles, but I don't usually like most of the fragrances in this set. 

Fortunately, Sephora updates these sets at least twice a year with a new collection. :-)

advicesisterA
BLOGGER
1 year, 10 months ago

I love sampler sizes for travel, and for collecting ( have a shadow box full of them hanging in my bathroom as a decoration). But samplers have a basic flaw: you're getting things you might not like but you have to take in the set. My personal feeling is that when it comes to samplers, be sure you like the fragrances before you buy. or you may end up with a drawer full of scents you can't stand to smell!

TheLacqueredLady
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

Honestly, you are better of 1) trying them repeatedly in store or 2) just asking if they have fragrance samples for free! Often they do and they come with about a week's worth of wear.

caligirldotcom
insider
1 year, 9 months ago

I really liked this sample of perfumes. I bought it knowing which full size I was going to get and it was cheaper than buying it separate. There were several that I would never wear, but I was happy with this set regardless. I am looking forward to seeing what the next deluxe sampler will have.

ladyboarder9669
elite
2 years ago
Thank you for sharing! This looks amazing! xo

MssDani
allstar
2 years ago
Wow!

This looks like a great idea. I really haven't found my "signature" scent so I would love to be able to test these out to see which one fits me.

VV001
allstar
1 year, 10 months ago

I think it's a really great gift idea (or gift for yourself idea), but I don't think I would purchase one. I'm really picky with scents and I'd rather sample in-store so I know I love what I'm getting before I purchase. Still, I can totally see the appeal and it is a fun idea. I think it's perfect for guys trying to buy a scent for their lady (or vice-versa). Much better than a guy picking out something you can't stand and them are stuck with.

lara2121
2 years ago

Looks really great product. Thanks for sharing. 

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend