Home » Community » Message Boards » » How do you "Spring Clean" your beauty items?

Discussion

How do you "Spring Clean" your beauty items?

What do you toss, keep and buy for the Spring season?

Subscribe
Notifiy me with emails too

8 Replies

MssDani
allstar
2 years ago
"Spring Clean"

I usually will toss out all my mascaras because I tend to hold on to them for much longer than I should. I also start to incorporate brighter and mor colorful eyeshadows. I tend to put my dark smokey eyeshadows in the back and move the other up front. I also give all my brushes and makeup cases a good cleaning. I just use dish soap with a little conditioner. I switch out my purse makeup bag for a spring themed one and I'm done.

cf521
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: How do you "Spring Clean" your beauty items?

Toss any old make up that's drying out and give your brushes a good cleaning. The Brush Guard has a cleaning kit available on from their website (thebrushguard.com). It comes with a cleaning cup, drying cup, brush shampoo, a blotting cloth, and brush covers. Thats always my first move to clean up my cosmetics items. 

streedo
1 year, 10 months ago
Re: How do you

I generally clean all my brushes and throw away a bunch of old sponges/make up. I look at the expiration date on make up or try to remember the last time I used that item. If the make up is off or I haven't used it in 2 years anyway, I'll throw it away. I clean out my beauty drawer and put all my make up back in tidily. Good idea to prioritise the colours you'll be wearing most throughout spring too! Bright blushes and lipsticks are a great way to start off.

I'll generally buy different face products too. Winter has a different effect on my skin to spring or summer, so I usually change my moisturiser to something lighter with an SPF! :)

Nicole1021
allstar
1 year, 10 months ago

I buy products way too often so spring cleaning happens all year! 

TheLacqueredLady
elite
1 year, 10 months ago

I toss anything I haven't used in over a year. I then go through and resharpen all my eye pencils, sometimes will clean my lipsticks, and give my brushes a good deep cleaning. I tend to be very good about tossing products that I don't like so spring cleaning is really more about sanitizing. 

mum21
allstar
1 year, 10 months ago
Spring clean m/up at the same time as I move my clothing around for new season

I dont have enough closet space so pack summery stuff away.  I have some things I consider transitional or yr round on occasion so those items are easiest to get at.  Get out short, tanks, dresses, major shoe overhaul. sometimes exciting as I forget things as I may have bought at the end of season and didnt use much.

With makeup I have a four drawer dressing table set up with makeup and have a fair amount.  I usually begin by first changing lip colour as well as types, first from my purse.  I usually carry 3-4 items for the lips as well as Clarins Perfecting Pen (great to freshen trouble areas, almost lke a wrinkle eraser as well as highliter.) I bring o the front all lighter shades aswell as lots of sheer balms abd glosses.  It is usually this that starts me looking over makeup and deciding what new things I might like.  I throw away anything that has dried or I know I have had too long.  I often have a lot of mascaras as I find they dont work well after sort use, not always.  Usually end up tossing 10+  Also look for lighter shades of blush and begin very slightly to use a bronzer.  Just started that last year and if its not to much, it really enhances pale skin.

I dont realy do anything different with brushes as I ws them 2x monthly and spray with cleaner in between, sometimes I have to use glue on the handle even if I am careful when washing and kay flat to dry.  I think I do this more often than many maybr unneccessary?

Usually one of my favourite companies will introduce new products and depending on how much Ilike them, will buy new palette etc.  This year Lise Watier has a gorgeous collection.  Still working on letting go as I keep a small box of items I dont use but cant seem to part with, any suggestions on how????? 

LipglossandSpandex
BLOGGER
1 year, 10 months ago

I make sure to give my brushes a good cleaning, and toss any that are worn out. I usually buy some gloss and eyeshadow in fun colors too. I toss broken shadows and old mascaras.

eyechic
1 year, 8 months ago

toss old lip gloss and eye shadows. I prefer bright color makeup for Spring. And clean may brushes using shampoo as it makes the brush softer.

Welcome to TotalBeauty.com!
Ready to unleash your inner beauty junkie? Enter your email and check the boxes below to get free samples, exclusive deals, discounts at Total Beauty Shops, and expert beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Email to a friend